PDA

View Full Version : It always comes back!

MargoK
15-02-07, 17:50
I've suffered from panic (generalized) for over 30 years. Every time it comes back I think it will never leave. I have the typical "panic prone" personality. I had an overbearing and overprotective mom and an alcoholic dad. I basically let my mom run my life and tell me who I was for years. I married a very strong man. We have two children ages 12 & 15.

I managed to go back to school and earn a master's degree in reading and now I'm working as a reading teacher in a private school. I love my job, but the pay is pretty bad. I worry a lot about my 15 year old because she does not want to grow up and she is directionless. I had one talent and I poured my heart into it or I would've been like that, too. It didn't work out for me to become a professional musician, but I spent many years attempting to.

My 12 year old is the total opposite and I don't worry about her nearly as much. She's very independent and seems to want to grow up. I've had a much easier time with her since her birth.

My 15 year old was colicky for 4 months and then I suffered from post partum depression when she weaned herself. She was not able to crawl until she was 12 months old and she would get really angry trying to crawl. She had a really tough time with school until this past year, too. She does nothing but watch tv and she has no desire to drive or work. My husband is happy that she has received straight As for the past two quarters of school and so am I. I just know that something is going to have to change with her. A friend of mine says she'd make her daughter do more, but at almost 16, that seems a bit ludicrous.

I think I'm starting to realize why I've been panicky. I'm really worried about my 15 year old and I don't want her to end up like me. Unfortunately I think it's too late for that.

My husband and I went out for Valentine's Day last night and we had a nice time. It was weird at first because we don't spend enough time together.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. Please e-mail me at MarcKay@aol.com if you have any suggestions or want to talk.

Margo