PDA

View Full Version : Fear of public transport

hillface
30-10-15, 12:02
Okay, so I'm okay when I'm on buses with other people as long as I'm not going too far.

Trains are a no no for me lately.

HOWEVER, I am getting 2 buses later to my partners house. I used to do this journey to work 6 months ago but I'm a bit out of practice.

Any hints and tips people can give me to cope with anxiety and panic symptoms?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

jayb1
30-10-15, 13:17
When I could still use buses(a long time ago) going to work I used to say to myself one more stop and if you still feel bad you can get off and I'd do that stop by stop until I eventually got there. This is the way I'm going to do it when I can finally start to even think about it. Another distraction I find works is a-z of things boys names,girls names. I find fruit and vegetables works the best!!!!! I use this to try and distract me from the anxiety symptoms

hillface
30-10-15, 13:54
Thanks love, I'll try that

My anxiety is building up as the day goes on. I'm afraid that by the time work finishes, I won't be able to do it. Especially with traffic :weep::weep:

jayb1
30-10-15, 14:17
Yes that nasty anticipatory anxiety is the pits. Is your partner meeting you at bus stop? All I can think of is to try and focus on the lovely weekend you're going to have. Maybe plan in you head what nice thing you can do tomorrow . Picture it in your head and make the images real (thank you Paul McKenna) Good luck you can do it:yesyes: