PDA

View Full Version : Diehard nerve symptoms...

Brother Panic
30-10-15, 16:01
Ok, so over the past 5 years or so, I have noticed that the left side of my body feels strange. I'm mainly referring to strange nerve sensations that I get mainly on the left side.

I also often get really heavy, weakness in both legs mainly at night. I notice it most after a day of little physical activity. I sometimes have a habit of sitting at home all day playing computer games or doing stuff online.

Just tonight, I finished watching a movie with my wife and when I got up to use the restroom, my legs felt like they literally were made out of jello. I almost fell right on top of my wife. She kind of got mad at first, then confused about why it happened. Frankly, I'm a little concerned myself.

Aside from my legs giving out and feeling weak, I will sometimes get this weakness in my arms, hands and even fingers. Even now as I type this post, my fingers are moving slower because of this weak feeling.

I also get the occasional shooting nerve sensations through all of my limbs, but usually on the left side.

Lastly, I have noticed that the veins in my legs are bulging out a lot more than they used to? Could it be my legs being overworked from riding my bike? Maybe my bike isn't a good fit for me?

I'm by nature, a really nervous person due to a bad childhood. I know anxiety is probably a major cause for my symptoms, but I thought I would share with others on here to see if anyone else can relate?

I'm a 32 year old, Caucasian male that lives on a very healthy Japanese diet. I snack here and there, but I don't understand why this is happening?

I had brain surgery about 8 months ago to remove a growing cyst, but the surgeon assured me that these symptoms are not related to the surgery. So I know I don't have a brain tumor or anything.

Could it be a pinched nerve in my neck? My neck muscles always feel really tight, like they are practically stones.

I would appreciate any advice from others on here.

Brother Panic
12-11-15, 09:11
OK, nobody even replied to my post? What a bunch of bullshit this website is. I will just talk with a doctor, **** this.

Lifelonganxiety!
12-11-15, 23:12
Well yes, you should consult a physician if these symptoms are as bad as you say they are.

Nobody on here is as qualified as a doctor to diagnose you.

itwillbefine
28-11-15, 11:17
Hey,

I understand your frustration. When you feel alone and frightened, this support group is something to hang on to.

I have those die hard nerve symptoms too. It started with loss of sensation in one finger, moved on to heavy arms, pins and needles, tingling here and there, waking up with numb hands and fingers. Then it moved on to stabbing/shooting pains in arms, legs, feet and hands, burning hands and feet, stinging senstations in skin and muscles. One symptom would normally last two days, then a new one would take over. It has lasted for almost three months. I got a break for a week's time, then the nerve pain returned in connection with a cold. Blood tests so far has shown iron deficiency. That calmed me down for a few days, until now, when ear pressure and hearing loss has put off track again.

Just want to say that I can really relate. I don't know what causes it, but I know that this may have more than 200 causes, and there is no reason to dread serious causes, when it may just be a Nutrition problem (what's in the japanese diet??) or plain anxiety.

What I do know is that nerve symptoms CAUSE anxiety, because it is random, sudden, unfamiliar and seemingly uncontrollable.

I'm going to have the nerve signals in my arms tested. Apart from the ear problem, I'm doing ok these days. My left arm is kind of sore and heavy, my feet sting a Little, but it's much better than two weeks ago. I do wake up with numb hands and fingers every night.

Let's hear from you how you're doing and what the doctor says.

Yorkshirewife
28-11-15, 11:42
Definitely think you should speak to your doctor about this - particularly since you have had surgery for other things recently?