PDA

View Full Version : Dermoscope results back possible melanoma so scared.

isybelle
30-10-15, 16:49
I've posted a few times about finding a new mole on my face I'd never noticed before

I saw Gp who referred me to mole clinic for dermascope on that and 2 others that I've found

GP phoned with results today and the one on my face is possible melanoma. I'm being referred for 2nd opinion and biopsy in 2 weeks

I'm so so scared. I have a 4 year old son and I can't leave hi

I wasn't even worried about the one on my face because I'd found photos going back 2 years and it was there and hadn't changed.

It's 2mm across

If it's melanoma and has been there that long it could have spread all over my body

Please someone help me I'm so scared. I can't get through the next 3 weeks like this

Fishmanpa
30-10-15, 17:15
I know it's scary when faced with a diagnosis. I've been there, done that. The rule is... "It's not cancer until they say it's cancer". It sounds like your doctor is doing his job and being cautious and thorough.

I wish there were words to make it easier to deal with but that rule is the best way to look at it. You're WAY ahead of the game in your mind right now but I think you know that. Having been there and been the recipient of bad news, I can tell you 100% you'll deal with it and do what you have to do. Keep in mind, cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells, it doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts. In two years, that mole would be pretty angry and you would be quite ill.

Hope it all works out (I have a feeling it will).

Positive thoughts

isybelle
30-10-15, 21:09
Thank you fishmanpa for responding

It's because it's been seen through a dermoscope and still looks like melanoma that I'm so convinced it will be.

All I can think is I'm not going to see my beautiful boy grow up

Fishmanpa
30-10-15, 22:37
Cancer is not a death sentence. I had Stage IV Head and Neck cancer. Stage IV! The statistics were quite grim to say the least and I'm cancer free 2.5 years later. From what you describe, this is benign orat worse, something in the pre-cancerous stage and that's 100% curable.

One step at a time.

Positive thoughts

isybelle
31-10-15, 08:53
Sorry to bump but can anyone else reassure me?

I'm so so scared. I'm trying to hold it together but I'm scared

KayeS
31-10-15, 13:08
I honestly think they're just being cautious. Melanoma doesn't stay the same for 2 years. A dermatologist isn't you, and doesn't know as you do that this mole has been there for a long time and not changed. It's their job to be cautious, so all they see is something which simply LOOKS like it needs further investigation, which actually a HUGE majority of moles do look this way, and then turn out to be totally harmless, so that's what they're doing.

isybelle
12-11-15, 18:17
UPDATE

I ended up seeing a private dermatologist last Thursday
He said the one on my face was fine, but the one at the top of my leg needed to come off

I have been in a blind panic all week waiting for the results

Clinic phoned today...it's an intra dermal nevus, no cancer at all!

I'm very relieved

Thought I would update for anyone who goes through a similar situation x

KayeS
12-11-15, 19:36
Really happy for you :)

Now you can get back to enjoying life!!