PDA

View Full Version : Really anxious!!

LuSmith
30-10-15, 16:51
So I've called the haematology department where I had my blood tests taken a week and a half ago and it was to check for a whole number of things inc liver function, kidneys, bone, cbc, etc (also including a viral scan which they do anyway if you want it to check things like HIV, Hep and so forth).

I hadn't heard anything by today so I just called up this afternoon and asked whether I could get my results but the person on the phone said they were surprised I hadn't had a phone call back yet (which also made me anxious because it made me worry something was wrong). He said that he would try and get a nurse to call me back and if not today then Monday at the latest, which means I'll be panicking all over the weekend!

Is hearing no news necessarily good news or is it at least more promising?! Would I have heard a lot sooner if something was really wrong? I'm panicking so bad as I've had a rash come up on my skin recently (which the doctor said is pityriasis rosea) and I'm feeling real run down. (sniffles, scratchy throat, cloudy head, fatigue.)

I had bloods taken about three weeks or so before this and I was told I was slightly anaemic last time I spoke to my doctor about these previous results so I started taking iron tablets but when I saw my hematologist he said it was just my iron stores were low so I wasn't anaemic as such?! I told the doctor I'd just stick to trying to add more iron rich foods in my diet because I was worried the tablets would give me too much iron in my system.. however I'm really bad at having enough iron daily :unsure:

Does anyone know if I should be worried at this point about my results or do you think I would probably have been contacted had it been something serious?

MRS STRESS ED
30-10-15, 19:51
LuSmith try not to worry if there was something bad they would of got in touch before now when I Had my bloods done they rang me the next day to go in so please don't worry and if it is something I am sure it wouldn't be anything to much to worry about try and relax xx