PDA

View Full Version : coping with setbacks

dave01
15-02-07, 19:00
just wandered if anyone else can relate to this, i have etxtreme difficulty in coping with what i would term minor everyday setbacks they seem to cause a totally excessive amount of anxiety totally out of proportion to whatever i feel the setback to be, i just don't seem able to absorb these things and move on like others do, i struggle for ages trying to put a logical perspective on matters which others just shrug off. it is so tiresome and energy sapping i feel almost in a constant battle with myself. does anyone else feel like this

Thanx for listening.
Dave.

d.jones

belle
15-02-07, 19:13
Totally relate.

Sarah x

normalwisdom
15-02-07, 19:40
I totally relate Dave I know I dwell too much on things I don't know if it is part of the anx I have always been like it!

Steph

sammie
15-02-07, 19:44
hi dave

i can totally relate to what your saying i am in setback at the moment but in the back of my mind i keep thinking it is what it is a setback and it will pass as it always does.

keep positive and let time pass

sammie x

Coni
15-02-07, 22:40
Oh yes...this is definitely me too. Sometimes I think I think too much! I get things totally out of proportion, going over and over something minor in my head till it becomes something major and am devastated by things other people find insignificant. I try not to but its not something I seem to be able to control.

Coni X

mooks
16-02-07, 13:26
dave

soooooooooo me....had 3 set backs in 5 months..so dwell constantly on my anxiety...creating situations that havent happened or arent as bad as i thought...im trying the CBT writing it down and analyising it...seems to work but its hard work. I know its the anxiety I read too much into things etc....

samc100
16-02-07, 13:55
add me to the can relate to this. I can't mentally move on until I have a 'reason' for things. At least it keeps the logical side of my brain working !

clarissa
18-02-07, 10:14
Yes this is me, I posted the other day about a set back and my Dr. not seeing me. Then when I did get to see him, cut my medication in half! So now it is even better, I can dwell on the fact that my set back might last twice as long or be twice as bad as I thought it would be! and also to take the meds at night not in the morning so I will try it and see, if not go my own way, I really do wonder if they think it is all in our minds - or is it? must go and have a dwell & a panic!!!

Meg
18-02-07, 17:35
Yes this is totally normal for anxiety healing.

Good that you're managing to put a sensible head on and that you get there. Right now , it doesn't matter that its taking longer than previously - perservere , you're on the right track