PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel ectopics over different areas of the heart

Fallenangel76
31-10-15, 12:36
Is it normal to have ectopics that can be felt over different areas of the heart for a few months now my panic has hit the roof I'm in such a state about my heart I keep getting ectopic beats that feel like they are not always in the same part of my heat some feel up high in chest some feel like the bottom of my heart or the back is this normal my heart rate goes from racing to beating slower my bp is all over the place too I do suffer with svt and pvc's but I know feel something else is going on I have thought of ending it all cos of my heart please help

missyladybug
31-10-15, 13:40
I get symptoms throughout my heart too. Sometimes I just sense that it is beating quickly. Sometimes I feel palpitations and it feels high, like up near my throat, and other times, lower. I get flutters and thuds and runs of missed beats. I can just think about it and get palpitations. And then I can go for longish periods of time and not get them. Other days, they are nearly constant. And the more I worry about them, the more they happen. It's like conjuring up the devil or something...

Fallenangel76
31-10-15, 14:31
Thank you so much for your reply it's put my mind at rest a bit they are horrible they seem to have changed a bit from what I was feeling bur don't know if that's because I'm constantly stressed about them at them at the moment scared my heart will just stop :(

missyladybug
31-10-15, 18:48
I know how you feel. I am 66 years old, and "should" be able to remain calm, but I suffer from anxiety. I started getting palps at age 27 or so, and I got used to them, but then after a stint with atrial fibrillation, I am checking my pulse constantly and freaking out over every little episodic event.

I think it's difficult to brush off things like palpitations. They can really get a person's attention! But - what calms me a bit is reading this board ( I am new) and I figure ALL of us can't be seriously ill! And it must be a very common malady.

Wishing you well!

Fallenangel76
31-10-15, 22:37
Thank you I'm just like you every wired feeling I get my finger is on my pulse worst thing is I have a blood pressure machine and I'm constantly taking my pressure and freakbout over the slightest change even when it's normal I still panic I'm.really out of touch with my body I'm wondering if I have afib and haven't been diagnosed with it yet as they haven't caught it on a ecg only the svt and ventricular ectopics my worst thing is I look things up on Google bad idea I hope you are well too

Aaahhfreakout
03-11-15, 14:05
You can indeed get ectopics from different parts of the heart, also you can get ectopics from a different time in the heart's cycle which will feel different too.

I got my own little portable ECG and it's been very interesting to discover that a PAC, for example, may feel like a flutter, a bump, a skip or nothing at all.

Resting blood pressure only really changes slowly unless something else happens, so a good resting measurement every few months should be fine.