PDA

View Full Version : Advice or reassurance needed please

damianjmcgrath
31-10-15, 18:10
Tonight, I'm struggling. My left arm and shoulder is throbbing, I'm not sure if I've injured it but when I press down on my shoulder, it hurts so it is pretty tender. It hurts when I grip things with my left hand. The throbbing poison feels like a heavy pressure sometimes.

I'm also pretty light headed, it keeps coming and going. I'm pretty hot and clammy and I get some heavy pain in the central chest area but that comes and goes. Oddly, and this has never happened before, but my neck is a bit stiff.

I could also go asleep if I close my eyes, there's no reason for me to be that tired.

On top of all that, I'm pretty anxious about those symptoms, and feel on edge and like I want to run and escape somewhere. I'm on my own at home and feel pretty uncomfortable about it.

From what I can tell according to my blood pressure machine, my blood pressure and pulse is actually perfect - it doesn't even appear to be raised which I'd expect from the anxiety.

I don't really know what to do. I'm already on the sofa watching TV and relaxing so I don't know what else to do. I'm really hoping a heart problem is unlikely, and I know it is, but these pains are really concerning.

What can I do to reassure myself?

Thanks

dizzy daisy
31-10-15, 21:19
I'm in a similar boat to you. Started last week with migraine then fatigue, then got really sore tense muscles and sore throat, dry nose and eyes. Went to walk in who said was viral. Went to GP who said may be anxiety. I still feel tired and lightheaded which is driving me mad. I panic like mad but have reasoned with myself that if I was very ill would the walk in and the GP have sent me home? It's just crap eh!! Think we just have to wait it out even though it's so frustrating!! I'm going for s weekend away tomorrow with my other half- feel so bad like I might ruin the trip :(