PDA

View Full Version : A bit of what I love

Emma1027
31-10-15, 21:06
Having a bit of what I love at the moment since I am having a bad patch and having been feeling down. I guess with being off work and now losing my job I need to try to relax and stay positive. Most days give me little hope but I actually feel like eating again so I've been indulging in cheesecakes, Jam sponges and anything else extremely unhealthy but comforting. I've got my glass of wine, blanket, slipper socks and I am relaxing watching comedies and writing random stuff. It's actually nice to talk to someone since I only have a small group of friends here on the isle of wight. It's not the easiest place to fit in!

emily67
31-10-15, 21:27
emma,

when it comes to food- i'm as unhealthy as they come.. chocolate, crisps, French fries, cookies, etc. and I tend to overeat too, that does not help the situation at all

I go through phases.. overeat for a while, then don't eat for ages.

Emma1027
01-11-15, 21:12
I've just started eating properly. I found that due to stress I wasn't eating three meals a day and I couldn't even eat a plate of food- I left half and some days barely eat anything. I was so ill that I thought I was going to be anorexic as I was losing a lot of weight. I didn't fancy anything and felt I was forcing food in but it's been two weeks now and I feel better. I never over eat anyway but I have my food loves.

emily67
02-11-15, 10:57
i know eating healthily is important, however i'm now at a stage where my body can't take healthy foods.

or rather, i'll lift something healthy to my mouth, and gag before I've even put it in my mouth. (makes it really difficult to eat healthy stuff), well, impossible.

and it's nothing to do with the texture or smell of it, i just somehow have automatic gag reflex when it's something like a potato or a peace of veg, what ever.

today i did actually manage to eat a few grapes, but they've left me feeling quite unwell

Emma1027
02-11-15, 15:04
I know what you mean. A good suggestion thou would be to be more creative with food- try new recipes and have fruit salads and jazz up a salad. Sometimes having a selection of ingredients rather then one or two items can help it be more interesting. Appearance is important too so it's often how a meal is displayed to us as well as portion size. If you have a lot on your plate that can trick your mind into thinking you can not eat it all or that your already full. You might feel there is too much on your plate. I love watching jamie Oliver for recipe ideas since I get bored eating the same meals so like to try new dishes out.

emily67
02-11-15, 18:40
i'm planning to post a thread here about food concerns.

see what responses i get