PDA

View Full Version : What do you love most about Christmas ?

Emma1027
31-10-15, 21:12
I love the atmosphere at Christmas, spending it with loved ones, wrapping up warm, going round Christmas markets and feeling festive! I love mince pies and stocking up on mulled wine, giving presents. I really enjoy buying presents for loved ones and wrapping them up and appreciating the small things in life.

emily67
31-10-15, 21:18
the lights and the decorations.

I always have blue and white lights hung up in my bedroom- it's really nice.

I like the music too. theirare some real Christmas classics out their.

I spend it alone, so not really much else to enjoy

venusbluejeans
31-10-15, 21:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

swgrl09
31-10-15, 21:54
The music definitely

GingerFish
03-11-15, 09:43
The decorations, especially in my local garden centres. They go all out for Christmas! They have their decorations up in September and I'm one of those people that love when that happens. I don't moan about it like 90% of the population lol.

I also love the food on Christmas day. Me and my partner go to my mum's for Christmas dinner. My gran, papa and aunt go to and it's a great laugh. Lots of food and booze! I think they are having steak pie this year and my mum always gets me and my partner fillet steaks with garlic butter for Christmas dinner. Mmmmm! Could really go with that right now :( *sadly munches some bland toast instead* lol

Emma1027
03-11-15, 21:43
Oh lovely. I also like the decorations and decorating our flat. The lights are so warm and inviting. Garden centres that go all fancy with Christmas decorations are defently worth a visit. I am looking forward to going to a Christmas market this year and always look out for events coming up. Pubs always look inviting and cost with lighting up.

MrAndy
03-11-15, 22:01
The sheer excitement on my 4 year old daughters face

mezzaninedoor
04-11-15, 19:37
Family, Grandchildren, also Having a Break hopefully

Pepperpot
04-11-15, 19:44
I love seeing my kids opening their presents

Fishmanpa
04-11-15, 20:28
I met my wife for the first time in person (we met online several months prior) Christmas 2010. I asked her to marry me Christmas Day 2013 (Married on her birthday June 7th 2014) so that week of Christmas and New Year is very special and personal to us.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
05-11-15, 08:59
Xmas is a difficult time for me but I want to enjoy it. I used to.

I guess just spending time with family having a laugh and watching some Xmas family films like National Lampoons, Gremlins, all the festive faves. I enjoy giving my family their presents but find it a bit harder to receive them and worry about that!

pulisa
05-11-15, 09:35
Same here, Terry! Christmas is a huge challenge for me but I like buying presents for my family and enjoy wrapping them up in my small windows of present-wrapping freedom!:D

My daughter knows what she wants (huge understatement:D) and "mistakes" aren't tolerated:D. We're a very dysfunctional family but muddle through the day somehow. I say "muddle" -that's not true as it's very hard work!

meche
05-11-15, 09:53
Everything! The atmosphere, the colourful sparkly lights & decorations, shopping, music, giving presents, spending quality time with my family, getting 2 weeks off work but mostly everybody is just happier.... & this makes me happy! :D:D xx

littlelostsoul
05-11-15, 12:14
I used to LOVE Christmas, family means a lot to me, however some of my family have made it all about money and are quite rude regarding presents which has made Christmas a time I dread. This year my son is with his dad at Christmas which will make Christmas day one where I will be much happier on my own, so im contemplating that. However Christmas cake!!! I LOVE Christmas cake!!!!

MyNameIsTerry
14-11-15, 06:13
Stollen! :yesyes:

Thank you Germany!!!

pulisa
14-11-15, 08:50
I'm sure Nigella could turn her hand to stollen?!:winks: You'll have to buy her latest book to see!

jayb1
14-11-15, 10:38
2nd January!!!! Usually like the food and drink and the whole atmosphere of going out buying pressies. Struggling with eating can't drink and can't really go out for presents . Call me Ebenezer. Bah humbug.:winks:

pulisa
14-11-15, 17:34
I'm with you on that one, Jay! :D

I enjoy the extended football programme!

bernie1977
14-11-15, 18:01
2nd January!!!! Usually like the food and drink and the whole atmosphere of going out buying pressies. Struggling with eating can't drink and can't really go out for presents . Call me Ebenezer. Bah humbug.:winks:

I'm with you on this one jayb. Bah humbug from me too :D

ricardo
14-11-15, 18:18
What a miserable lot some of us are:wacko: and to top it off I can't stand turkey, cranberry sauce or Xmas pudding.

So I join the 2nd January brigade.

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-15, 08:15
I'm sure Nigella could turn her hand to stollen?!:winks: You'll have to buy her latest book to see!

Well rather her magic hands than Paul Hollywood :ohmy: I bet she can make a good tart too :whistles:

She does seem to be gettingt younger for these books.

pulisa
15-11-15, 08:54
The airbrushing team are grateful for the overtime:D

jayb1
15-11-15, 09:08
I thought I'd get a load of abuse of being such a misery haha. Here's to January 2nd :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-15, 09:12
Of course you won't Jay. A lot of people just want it over with. It's the time of the year that families are most likely to argue. I would always know when Xmas started when my dad was putting the decs up which meant lots of shouting at from my mum about doing it wrong and him back. We joke about it.

Besides I would imagine it is a time of year that women are more likely to be busier than ever!

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

The airbrushing team are grateful for the overtime:D

I'll have to get their number then. :D