PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed and Confused Hypochondriac

BS123
01-11-15, 06:06
I've had a Health Anxiety problem for probably 5 months now, I'm pretty sure this whole situation has some sort of link to puberty and hormones as I'm 16 years of age. It comes and goes and depending on what I'm worrying about the more stressed I am (obviously). I've worried about Diabetes, Depression, Heart Failure and now ALS. I worried about Heart Failure or some heart problem because I experienced pain, palpitations and just a general weird feeling in my chest area, then I got muscle spasms and very occasional tingly pins and needles (which I know are symptoms of Anxiety) that then lead to me worrying about ALS/MND, ever since I started worrying about ALS/MND the palpitations and weird feelings in my chest area has completely gone. It's so annoying! I don't even know what to think or believe any more, whether these physical feelings are actually there or just in my mind. The slightest sign of some serious illness sets me off!
My real question is, do you think puberty has a part in this or nothing at all & how can I take these annoying worries off my mind? :):)