PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Testicular Cancer fear

ajwkit
01-11-15, 06:53
So for a while ive had this lower back pain associated with lower abdominal pain so i went to the ER and had an ultrasound done on my testicles for TC, Everything came up fine and i was clear they did urine tests and everything was good there, Thea abdominal pain pretty much went away but the back pain persists, The more i thought about it the more my groin seemed to "ache" and i put that in quotations because its not severe at all its almost just there sometimes if you know what i mean, So after a while i ignored it but up until recently i started having minor chest and rib pains associated with almost a feeling of a weight pressing on my chest, Now ive pointed most of these symptoms to anxiety because i do have an underlying anxiety issue that ive dealt with all my life, But at the same time in the back of my head i keep telling myself "what if im wrong? What if the cancer has spread to my lungs and i really shouldnt be ignoring it?" Does anyone have any similar stories or advice they could share with me? This HA is beginning to ruin my life.

daisyflower
01-11-15, 16:30
They wouldn't have missed it if you had that! My partner had pain in his groin and testicles for 6 months before going the doctors. Apparently it's really common and can even be referred pain from the back.
I know of someone who had testicular cancer for a whole year before finally getting diagnosed. He was in agony with massively swollen balls and it was misdiagnosed as something else as he never had a scan. Turned out no big deal though, got one testicle removed and didn't need chemo or anything.

Sounds like you have a bad case of health anxiety to me! X

ajwkit
01-11-15, 18:42
I agree, Ill be fine most days and tell myself it is the anxiety, Then ill catch myself up at night reading cancer stories on google and completely **** up my week, I really feel lost at this point, Thanks for the response :D