PDA

View Full Version : sore throat on one side

Humly
01-11-15, 09:18
I apologise if this has been covered before. I have had a sore throat for the best part of 2 weeks now and it is not getting any better. Just on one side and it feels high up sort of towards my ear. I feel as if I've got a bit of earache now and again as well, but I dont know whether I am imagining this. I cant see anything in my throat, no obvious redness or anything either and my glands are not swollen either as far as I can tell.
If it was a virus it surely would have cleared up by now so I am starting to get concerned. I think also its because its only on one side that I am worried.

If I go to the docs I'm sure they will just chase me away and say its a virus but surely it would have started to get better by now. Help!

Randara
01-11-15, 11:26
Hi there :)

I've recently had a virus causin problems with my Eustachian tubes (inner ears). Have been to see the doctor more times than I should have, however he said thAt it is normal for this to last for a couple of months. He wasn't concerned at all.

I have also seen a few other people post on here about having viruses that are lasting while. Does your doctors have a callback service? You could speak to a doctor over the phone instead to see what they say without having to book an appointment. Or if not then maybe you should just book to go in so you can have peace of mind.

Cusper
01-11-15, 21:47
I had the same thing for almost 4 months!! or maybe even longer. there were no lumps or anything but my ear hurt too. I went to the dentist as well and then one day it was gone. If you check on one of my threads I think I actually wrote in about it.

Humly
08-11-15, 21:20
Thank you. Touch wood it seems to be easing off now:)