PDA

View Full Version : dizzy

melvin
01-11-15, 20:11
Hi guys
I've not been on here for a few months now but my anxiety is coming back big time
I have strange symptom I can't really tell what's going off in try to explain to the doc but he looks at me like iv gone mad

I get a feeling like I'm about to faint pass out black out or something it comes and go's so quickly quicker than the blink of an eye I'm getting it all the time has any one else had this it's driving me mad

Movielife
01-11-15, 20:34
I've had dizzy spells for 2-3 years. They can come and go, but they've never got worse, just the same feeling.

melvin
01-11-15, 20:45
Hi mate
What a night mare I can't say they are dizzy spells as such the room don't spin or anything it just comes and go's so quick

damianjmcgrath
01-11-15, 20:58
I have the same thing. It doesn't seem to be anxiety, although obviously it is. I just get it at random times, often accompanied by no other symptom. I'll get it often when I'm sitting or lying down and it'll make me feel like I'll faint or drop on the floor. The room isn't particularly spinning, it kind of feels like a head pressure or lack of focus. It's really hard to explain. It's a very horrible feeling and my anxiety gets worse from that.

Every time I get it, I think I really should tell my doctor but it goes after a few seconds or a minute and after a few hours, I forget until next time. Sometimes I'll feel generally unsteady on my feet all day but there will be moments of dizziness as well. It makes me feel weak.

It's been happening for months now. It's worse when I'm tired - and seems to happen at the same time as my eyelid flickering. The problem is, sometimes it'll happen at 1pm - a time where I shouldn't be tired - and then because I get anxious about it, the anxiety causes tiredness!

2Anxious
01-11-15, 22:03
Do you only feel it in your head? I get a sensation that is like when you're in a lift and it stops, or as if the floor has dropped a few inches for a split second. I feel a bit lightheaded aswell but it comes and goes so fast.

melvin
01-11-15, 22:21
Hi anxious
I know exactly what your on about with the feeling like your In a lift iv had that before and yes that starts me off straight away
God knows what this one is though It's definitely my head or eyes area it's so bloody quick though I get through out the day and night iv been back through my notes since 08 on here and I can't find that symptom to say I've had it before iv had eveybody thing else under the sun lol I notice I get a lot of headaches now and my eyes hurt some times so may be something to do with that

firecat
02-11-15, 18:13
hiya

ive had horrible dizzyness the last few days but its a new symptom for me as when i get panicy i feel nausea and hot and cold etc but with this its a terrible feeling.

i was at the table earlier and just got a sudden light headed feeling then felt clammy, it was gone straight away but coz i suffer with panic i straight away make it worse by analysing it and imagine it is something worse when i suppose dizzyness and sudden feelings like that is more likely to be a sudden rush of adrenaline or a drop in blood pressure, one good tip i heard from a nurse for if you ever feel dizzy to the point you feel faint is to tense your muscles a few times in your legs or abdomen as this inordinately raises your blood pressure again. as someone who is afr feelingaid of fainting i find this good tip to know :)

feelthelove
02-11-15, 18:55
I have had this for 15 years on and off , the past year has been the worse with the feeling of being off balance and the top of my head feeling dizzy not spinning , but i often feel like i am swaying , when i am walking around supermarkets i feel like my head is catching up when looking at the shelves , it is horrible and yet sometimes i can go a week or so with it hardly there but then it comes back . I just have to live with it i guess , i have had all the tests at the doctors and i am healthy .
My husband was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes six weeks ago and that started me off again . It's a vicious circle .
You're not alone .

Movielife
02-11-15, 22:46
I have had this for 15 years on and off , the past year has been the worse with the feeling of being off balance and the top of my head feeling dizzy not spinning , but i often feel like i am swaying , when i am walking around supermarkets i feel like my head is catching up when looking at the shelves , it is horrible and yet sometimes i can go a week or so with it hardly there but then it comes back . I just have to live with it i guess , i have had all the tests at the doctors and i am healthy .
My husband was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes six weeks ago and that started me off again . It's a vicious circle .
You're not alone .

That's exactly how it is for me. It's not been 15 years, more like 3. If it's harmless and won't get worse (it calms right down when I'm busy and not anxious) I can live with it but I have ongoing checks going on.

helenclaire
03-11-15, 10:11
I am getting this a lot at the moment as well.

It's making my anxiety worse because from the moment I wake up I am waiting for it happen so I am on edge all day.
Sometimes its so bad I am scared to get up in case I pass out or fall over.

I try telling my self I won't collapse as I am sure it would of happened by now if I was going to but it doesn't stop the fear.

Jamesk
03-11-15, 10:54
I get this all of the time - it is very disconcertiong and very worrying. I also get it together with a degree of visual distortion.

All I can really do is try to reassure myself nothign bad has ever happened when I get these sensations, so it's going to be OK.

HOWEVER the sensations are SO real and So unsettling they are properly properly scary. :(

melvin
03-11-15, 21:09
Thanks for all your replys guys hope we all feel better soon

Lemondrizzle
05-11-15, 21:23
I have had this for 5 days. Had it before, not nice, last time I was told it was labrynthitis.