PDA

View Full Version : heart attack fear

pepsi
01-11-15, 21:42
I'm so worried I'm going to have a heart attack 6 months ago I woke in the night with horrible chest pains I staggered downstairs and took gaviscon and went back to bed . I've developed terrible joint pain my legs ache so much when I stand up in the mornings or get off my sofa at night. One foot is particularly painful if I sit on the floor with my daughters getting up is hard ....I'm not sure what's happening to me....I'm walk everywhere I swim I'm ok in myself ...I had to climb 3 flights of stairs on Thursday ..and oh...my god I felt so puffed out ...sick ...warm and awful ...a year ago that would not have been that bad....I'm so worried I'm going to have a heart attack . I'm 40 and a stone over weight

Wanderlust
02-11-15, 10:08
Not to be a generic robot, but first point of call of course is your gp. I have had health anx for half my life and most of it cardio related, its so scary because it feels it could hit you at any time, the truth is your heart is an inredibly powerful machine! Everytime i have ever had it checked, it registers just fine, despite every symptom under the sun telling me otherwiee. Anxiety can mimic cardio symptoms in so many ways and if you are fairly unacustomed to anxiety it can be almost impossible to accept tbat it is when your bodys safety mechanisms are on full alert and screaming at you.
Get professionaly assessed, in fact at 40 you are entitled to your full nhs health mot, hopefully that will allow you some piece of mind, i know my doctor has never been wrong.
I hope you can find some comfort soon :)

ricardo
02-11-15, 10:33
I'm so worried I'm going to have a heart attack 6 months ago I woke in the night with horrible chest pains I staggered downstairs and took gaviscon and went back to bed . I've developed terrible joint pain my legs ache so much when I stand up in the mornings or get off my sofa at night. One foot is particularly painful if I sit on the floor with my daughters getting up is hard ....I'm not sure what's happening to me....I'm walk everywhere I swim I'm ok in myself ...I had to climb 3 flights of stairs on Thursday ..and oh...my god I felt so puffed out ...sick ...warm and awful ...a year ago that would not have been that bad....I'm so worried I'm going to have a heart attack . I'm 40 and a stone over weight

This is a classic post where you pepsi should book an appointment with your gp for an MOT :)

emily67
02-11-15, 11:03

i eccoe what's been said here. a GP is a good bet.

I've had the fear myself, and for me it's worse because i'm not sure how severe it has to be for a heart attack, and not really even where the heart is located.

just reading that message made me start worrying