PDA

View Full Version : Can we feel our glands under jaw?

ShaunRyder
02-11-15, 10:33
So angry with myself as I have not had to post on here for a while but HA has sneaked up on me.

Not sure why or for what reason but I started prodding my neck under my jaw and I keep thinking I can feel 1 or 2 lumps either side under my jaw/back of jaw. But one minute I think can feel a lump one side then its the other side I think I can feel it. What I am feeling is very soft so don't know if this is tissue or glands. Can we feel our glands under jaw even if they are not swollen??

Linusfy
02-11-15, 11:43
Yes, absolutely you can! Just because you can feel them doesn't mean they have some problems or you are ill. I mean there are many tissues and structures in your neck. Just relax! However, if you are worried, it doesn't hurt to see your doctor. I bet he/she will tell you there is nothing to worry about.

JeffY
02-11-15, 13:00
I have them too, noticed them years ago, if they are not swollen or hurt when you touch them don't stress it. If you are now starting with health anxiety I would suggest go and get blood work done, I even had them check for lyme disease. I say this because I started having HA, instead of getting checked out I let it go, well it built up and gave me an anxiety attack which landed me in the ER, I thought I was having a heart attack, and I thought for sure they would find something wrong with me. I could not believe when the Dr came in and said all my blood work is normal and I'm healthy, he said it was just an anxiety attack. Don't be afraid of getting check out and don't be afraid of asking your Dr questions.

Take Care,
Jeff

Cariad1
02-11-15, 16:25
I can certainly feel mine Shaun, if I feel under my jaw I can feel two glands/lymph nodes opposite one another.

ShaunRyder
03-11-15, 12:25
Thanks for the replies has calmed me down a bit knowing others can feel them, must just be a normal thing! :)