PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram Is **** tried it twice

TANK
16-02-07, 00:55
Citalopram Is **** i had so many side effects like impotence, headaches, stomach cramps, im on prozac now and diazepam[V] the joy.

bubblygirl
16-02-07, 09:44
actually citalopram is not **** it just doesnt suit you. im on citalopram and they have changed my life and helped me come on alot! so i disagree but im glad youve found the meds that now suit you take care.

Sarah

Nel
16-02-07, 10:26
Some of us experience dreadful side effects from anti-d's. I do, I’ve tried 4 or 5 different ones and they’ve all been awful. I stuck out the last lot for 4 weeks even though they were destroying me. Thankfully, after that, my doctor finally acknowledged that I was indeed very sensitive to the side effects. Annoying that I had to endure 4 weeks of hell to prove that though.
I have gotten much better in the past couple of months without meds, and the positive side of it is that I don’t need to worry about withdrawal or relapse this way. It’s been tough doing it ‘cold turkey’ but you have to face the anxiety and panic head on at some point with no ‘crutch’.

Nel xxx

yorkylover
16-02-07, 12:59
I agree with bubbly girl citalopram is not ****.It works for me and alot of other people here.I had horrid side affects for two weeks and they went.Its the body getting used to the med.I had to try a few before I found the one that suited me.Glad you have found one that helps you.

Ellen XX

KOKO23CAT
16-02-07, 21:47
please don't describe anything as ****. you might dicourage someone who is finding it helpful and undermine their recovery.

Glad you have found the right meds

koko

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

mandie
17-02-07, 01:19
I found it great, it really helped me.

not all meds can suit everyone.

mandie x

the_mentalist
17-02-07, 23:52
i'll give you a laugh about side eefects on citalopram lol when i was on it aside fromt the strange ones sleep paralysis i also started procucing milk even though id stopped breast feeding 2 yrs previous top that lmao

smudgie
18-02-07, 01:49
I can only speak for myself but citalipram has helped save my life.
Try not to discourage others from using it as we are all different and our bodies deal with drugs differently.

trac67
18-02-07, 12:28
All meds affect different people in different ways, I found citalopram really helpful and I am still on them now, prozac did not suit me at all, like Koko said please don't describe any meds as **** as what does not work for one person may get someone else on to the road to recovery.

Take care

Trac xx

Basket Boy
18-02-07, 17:46
Sorry it doesn't suit you Tank.

But it's been very helpful for me, and I think for many others.

It's horses for courses really, you have to try and see what happens.

Hope you find a good alternative.

Chris

Janice Booth
19-02-07, 00:59
There are so many meds out there - it can take ages to find what suits each person.

I was on citalopram for 8 months and it was the worst 8 months of my life - I never got on with them. I am off them now and felt better within 2 weeks of stopping them - I have at last got my life back!

We are all different - what is right for one person, may not be right for another!

Janice

Chopper
19-02-07, 16:50
Sorry Tank, got to disagree with you. I've been on various doses of citalopram (from an inital 20mg to the current 40mg) for about 18 months or so and am virtually back to my old self.

I agree the side effects can be sh1te but they're not all bad! "What?!" Well, unlike yourself I've got the potency of a teenager (at 41) since dumping Prozac for Citalopram, the only problems are severely delayed climax and the sudden unexpected appearance of 'the big fella'! OK when the wife's in the stockings/suspenders but not if you're wearing shorts in Tesco or sitting at your desk!!

Everyone reacts differently to the medicin but I've got to say, horrible side effects aside (and I've had them from day one) I'd certainly say I was in favour of them ... most definitely compared to say Fluoxetine.

kimmy
19-02-07, 20:56
Citalorpram was the best thing I ever took. It has done me sooooo much good. I feel even though you are in your right to express your opinion however I do feel you could of expressed your opinion more tactfully. There are some people on this site that are extreamly anxious and are at the beginning of their journey and are considering what medications to take. I agree there werent for you but to others they are very good. The tablets you are on now made me sooo much worse and now I have stuck to these. I ope what you are n now are best for you but I also ask please consider others.

xx