PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety through the roof

lindajoy1
02-11-15, 11:58
Please if needed will an administrater put this posting in the right place for me because rt now am so anxious. 2 yrs ago I was admitted 3 times onto a residential mental health unit for help because my anxiety was very uncontrollable. going back to that time my ibs was very bad with cramping pain most of the time and always worse when needing to go to the bathroom for poo,then afterwards the pain would subside for a while,also I would feel naucius sometimes. The pain would move around in different parts of my tummy, this would then make my anxiety go through the roof and I would scream out as the whole scenario scared and made me petrified with a blind fear. also with my ibs would have very loose stools during the day. at this time I saw a psychriast who visited and he told me hethat he was more concerned about my anxiety. I was more concerned about my tummy pain and cramps and the running to the bathroom. That was first time admitted onto the unit.sometimes I would not feel like eating,and at other times would feel excessively hungry and would need to eat, then need to eat again,it was a horrible vicious cycle every day. Then it began to settle down and became not so bothersome until it disappeared and had no ibs or cramp pain episodes or flarups for nearly 18 months. then about 2 weeks ago the awful tummy cramps and the needing to run to loo just started up all over again just like the previous with terrible cramping pain before going to loo,and cry and shout out with trying to cope with going to loo with ibs and again awful cramping.and the nausea. for the last 2 years I have been being prescribed paracetamol, and taking the maximum dose of 8 paracetamol every day thinking it helps but it dosent do a thing to ease the cramps at all. my support worker says she thinks that I am relying on them and taking them to often. Thing is my support worker wants me to go into the unit for couple of weeks to try to stabalise the anxiety,also to take my meds correctly.bearing in mind that I still have the horrid ibs plaguing me most of the time,and stay in bed a lot of the time,but the cramps worse when moving around.I am currently prescribed mirtazapine at night, 2mg diazepam 3 times a day,and not good at spelling so please forgive if spelt wrong quietazapine think it spelt.also take co=amilufruze for water retension. as stated previously I cant swallow tablets so always have to chew them,and sometimes I get a terrible taste in my mouth just as if ive taken poison mouth tastes horrible.when I get these cramps I scream out in agony,and then the neighbours from upstairs hear me,and then call out the police to come as they can hear me, but don't realise the situation,then this escalates the anxiety so then trying in pain and anxiety crippling to then explain this situation to the police. In my head my thoughts of all this is frightening me senceless and terroroses me all the time,so much so that I am ringing the mental health services to give reassurance and support but am told am ringing so often that this is becoming very ocd. I am scared,frightened,worried, and my support worker suggests another inpatient stay in mental health unit for few weeks.sorry so longwinded,but what is everyones opinion about this scenario. any replies just need a handle on this. Thank you for reading. lindajoy1

venusbluejeans
02-11-15, 12:09
Hiya lindajoy1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: