PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Node question.

TheMadOladCoger
02-11-15, 12:32
Hello,

So I have 4 slightly swollen Lymph Nodes on the left side of my neck, I have had them checked and the Doctor doesn't seem worried. I have been told they are more than likely up due to the cold I have had for the last Three weeks.

The problem is I am a little worried and was just hopping that someone could clear something up for me. I have the habit of messing with the Lymph Nodes I know I shouldn't but some times when anxiety hits all I can think about is checking. My problem is that the area where the Lymph Nodes are is hurting me a little. I keep getting pains in the area, Is this from my messing? The Lymph Nodes them self don't hurt its just the area where they are. I think it is more than likely from my messing but I just wanted to get some other peoples opinions.

Peace

Fishmanpa
02-11-15, 12:37
You've been around the boards long enough to know the answer to that question and you already got the best reassurance you can get from your doctor ;)

Positive thoughts

TheMadOladCoger
02-11-15, 12:47
Yeah, I think I do. I guess the only way to stop the pain is to stop messing with the Lymph Nodes I also think it might be making things worst.

Peace

Linusfy
06-11-15, 14:15
Hi, don't worry about your nodes. I also have five swollen nodes in the left side of my neck. Although I don't mess with them, they do hurt a little from time to time. Actually, I heard that this is a good sign, since it means your nodes are up due to infections. My GP also did a thorough exams on my nodes, and thought there are nothing to worry about. Therefore, I really suggest you trust your doctor and relax. I know nodes can be scary. After all, they are some lumps you can really feel. But they are not as dangerous as you thought. Besides, a cautious Doctor won't miss anything sinister. So, just relax and you will be fine.