PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, back again suffering

Liviguy
02-11-15, 14:00
Hi all,

I've been battling anxiety for a long time now and am on 30mg of Citalopram.

The issues now is a 24/7 butterfly feeling in my chest. 6 weeks ago I had an ECG and blood tests and everything came back normal and the palps vanished but now are back in force. Combined with tingling in my arms and hands now has me on high alert all the time.

I feel sick to the stomach and get so worked up over the palps I am now being physically sick.

Are any of you on any other of the anti-anxiety meds that work well as I no longer thing the Citalopram are helping me and my life is become very difficult to deal with again.

AdamHH
04-11-15, 23:49
Have you had a holter monitor and echocardiogram? If something was wrong it would come up on at least one of the two. There are people who can have thousands of palpitations per day and have a healthy heart. Of course that doesn't mean it can't be treated in any way, but it is NOT dangerous. Remember that the more you worry, the more symptoms you will have, it's just how it is. Try to not think about palpitations, but don't suppress the thoughts at the same time. Just let them pass, don't get into any discussion with them. Acknowledge the anxiety and move on - watch a movie, go out, exercise... Don't let yourself be bored and have too much free time thinking.