PDA

View Full Version : just joined here, hoping to get and give support when i can xx

firecat
02-11-15, 16:47
hi everyone,

i just joined today, even though i have at many times searched to join a support forum like this i never did get around to it and i suppose the panic and anxiety ive been feeling the last few days have pushed me to join a to. it will be good to get to know others who are suffering the same kind of symptoms as me as when you are in the the middle of high anxiety it can feel like your so alone and nobody else can understand etc and of course that isn't true as there are many of us here suffering and it is good not to suffer in silence.

A little about myself, ive suffered from high anxiety and mild ocd since i was as young as i can remember, at about 9 they were really bad and came with cramps and feeling like i was burning up as well as complete terror. my parents brought me to hospital at one point as they thought i was very ill with an infection and i nearly got my appendix taken out but they realised just before that it was anxiety and mildibs.

then once i hit the teenage years i discovered drinking alcohol helped keep the crazy panic at bay, however this also made the panic worse too and i started suffering a lot from health anxiety after the birth of my first baby 17 years ago.

where im at now, well ive attempted to go on a few anti depressants throughout the years and really had a grip on things for a good few years but after having my 4th baby 3 years ago i suffered with heavy bleeding and clots after and was alone with my kids at the time, my ex left when i was pregnant, a story for another day! anyway the panic and fear was horrible, i had to go back to the hospital with my week old baby and was afraid i was going to die?

since then the health anxiety has just got worse and in the last few days ive had 2 horrible panic attacks where i felt i was going to faint and now im lying down all day as when im lying up i start getting clammy and dizzy and starting to worry its diabetes or something restricting my breathing or my heart etc. deep down i recognize the panic symptoms but still im so so scared its something worse!!

anyway thanks for listening if you got this far!! will be good to get to know

venusbluejeans
02-11-15, 16:53
Hiya firecat and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Pepperpot
02-11-15, 20:43
Hello and welcome :)

emily67
02-11-15, 21:27
hello and welcome to the forum x