PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this? (Stools)

imfineokay
02-11-15, 20:57
Hi, I'm back on my stool scares Again and I honestly might go to my gp for a stool test. Does anyone get dark red spots on their stools? Like really small dark red specks? Because I've had a few over my stools for weeks, but Before that I never looked at my stools much as I wasn't worried About it then. But now I am. Anyone else get this? Please reply as I'm having a hard time coping with this one and my health anxiety is flaring up once more. Thankyou.

Pepperpot
02-11-15, 20:58
Hi,
I suggest you drop a stool sample in with your doctor. I personally don't, but I don't check mine that closely. x

Fishmanpa
02-11-15, 20:59
Hi, I'm back on my stool scares Again

What's the status of getting some therapy? What did your doctor say about your anxiety the other day?

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
02-11-15, 21:10
I'm going in cbt again on Friday for my 3rd session, so yeah hopefully it'll bring me one step closer to not feeling like I have to keep posting to shut my head up.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

It's annoying though that I have so many symptoms and this is one of the truly alarming in ones

Pepperpot
02-11-15, 21:13
Dark red spots on your poo is either blood, or something you're eating. However, blood in poo is not like little spots, so it sounds like it's something you're eating x

imfineokay
02-11-15, 21:14
And I was told to try and stop seeking reassurance, I can do it when I am worrying about minor things but when it's something like this, it is so hard not to post because then Il be stuck waiting months to see if I'm still breathing (I really don't want to be doing this when Christmas comes around).

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

And thanks pepper, that does make a lot of sense. I will try and go in asap and ask to get a stool sample done. I'm reluctant to do it because it's so gross but I'd do it to slow my anxiety.

Pepperpot
02-11-15, 21:19
Nah, it's not gross. You get a little pot like a wee sample bottle, but it has a little spatula inside. I would keep a diary to see what you're eating x

imfineokay
02-11-15, 21:59
Okay then, il go soon. And yeah sounds like a good idea I will try it from now. Thankyou

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Wait so in a stool test do they call you in if there is blood in your stools? Because I have piles (which is the bright blood I see).

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Ugh I just worked it out, I can't do it if I have piles. I guess il just ask my doctor what is best to do.

Pepperpot
02-11-15, 23:30
I dunno what they call you in for cos I've never been called in due to them finding anything. I really think it's what you're eating. X