PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about blood pressure

Alice1
02-11-15, 21:29
So recently I've had my blood pressure checked. Last week at the gym and this week at a cardiology appointment.
Last week it was 122/62 and this week 129/72. No-one has said anything about this being a problem in the past or indeed this time, although I have noticed it has peaked into the twenties before and that's pre-hypertension with 129 being fairly high.

I'm a bit confused about this as I'm slim, exercise and a vegetarian and tend to eat fairly healthy. I am making an effort recently to cut down on things like bread and salt in any products I buy to try and see if that will help, but I never thought I ate a lot of these things anyway.

I know that white coat syndrome exists so I am considering buying a blood pressure monitor from amazon that I can use over the course of the next few weeks to see if I can either monitor it accurately and bring it down. But I'm obviously worried that this will be a cause of stress and I'll just work myself up.

Should I buy it or just leave it?

yogibear
02-11-15, 22:15
I really would not worry. Those levels really are not that high when you think what alot of people's blood pressures are.
I would really recommend you do not buy a blood pressure monitor. Because 1. it will make your health anxiety go through the roof, you will end up at it night and day instead of letting things be and enjoying life. 2, those monitors do not give accurate readings anyway so you will be getting false readings. Was your blood pressure done 2 times on both occassions? I work in the medical field and really don't think this is something to worry about x