PDA

View Full Version : Feeling less anxious :S

Randara
02-11-15, 21:37
I'm not sure whether anyone will be able to relate or whether I will sound really weird...

I've been having problems with my Eustachian tubes for the last two months. Today I started getting a headache and some ear pain (probably due to being back at work after a week off from anxiety/stress).

I'm not really feelin that anxious about it and am not having the same physical reaction when I'm thinking about it (fast heart). Now I'm worrying that something is wrong with me because I'm not having a panicky reaction go feeling a bit ill. I'm also feeling a bit emotionless which isn't helping.

It's almost like I'm seeing this lack of physical and emotional reaction as a precursor to something worse happening.

Does anyone understand/get what I'm trying to say?

GingerFish
03-11-15, 08:20
I know exactly how you feel. When my anxiety finally decreases and I finally feel either happy or just calm, I actually feel worse than I did when I was highly anxious! I feel weird and keep expecting something overwhelming to happen. I think its because we have been used to being anxious for so long that feeling anything other than that is alien to us.

mnaha
03-11-15, 09:23
I too know exactly what you are talking about. Tonight I had my first mini panic attack in a long long time.. I felt a rush of adrenaline but tried very hard to calm myself .. I expected racing heart and did not have it.. soon the attack subsided..I have no idea what brought it on and also wondered why I did not have the racing heart but glad that it has passed..

Randara
03-11-15, 15:32
Thank you for the replies - Glad it's not just me! I'll try and remember that it js s good thing I'm not feeling panicky and will speak to my CBT counsellor when I see her tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Well that was shortlived - feeling anxious and slightly panicky again.

Forgot to take tablet for my stomach to stop the acid reflux in my ears, feeling slightly headachey and pressure in my head especially on one side. Worrying something is wrong as I just feel weird.

Doesn't help that I got stuck in traffic for two hours on my way to work and finding it so tiresome being at work. Hopefully the next couple of hours will pass quickly!