PDA

View Full Version : lack of sleep

Emma1027
02-11-15, 22:34
hello. could anyone please list tips/advice on helping to get a good night sleep ? any infomation on relaxation, suggestions would be great, thanks.

benji80
03-11-15, 00:21
You could try looking on youtube for guided meditation or sleep music. Failing that there is sleep tea, valerian or magnesium that might help but if you are on medication then check for interaction with a doctor or pharmacist. I have been there and whilst its improved a little, I still have a way to go. Good luck

Phill2
03-11-15, 01:18
Chamomile tea may help

GingerFish
03-11-15, 09:36
I've been really bad with insomnia lately but managed to get mostly back into the swing of a decent sleeping routine. What I find that helps is - go for a bath before bed and stay in it until you are utterly relaxed and so comfy that you could fall asleep in the bath - that's the point to come out the bath and jump into bed, change the bedsheets before going to bed. I always find it easier to sleep when I have fresh covers on, listen to relaxing sounds or music on your phone while you drift. I personally pit my fave TV show on and listen to that through headphones and that helps me drift. I used to always leave my TV on when I was a kid to help me sleep. Try and cut out caffeine altogether, even at least for a few days when your insomnia is at it's worst. I didn't find it enough to just cut it out a few hours before bed time. Try exhausting yourself out during the day by going out for the day, doing housework etc.

emily67
03-11-15, 11:30
hello. could anyone please list tips/advice on helping to get a good night sleep ? any infomation on relaxation, suggestions would be great, thanks.

I can't really advise on something that helps me sleep (severely struggle with it myself!), however 1 thing that does help me relax are white noise machines.

I purchased one recently on amazon. it has sounds of seagulls, sounds of rain, or the sound of the ocean. you can choose the volume, and if it's at the correct setting, it is really relaxing

I also used to, years ago, have a lava lamp in my room. just looking at that made me relaxed too

on the subject of relaxing music, you might want to search on youtube (or buy the CD), of a guy called mont gummery smith. his music is waves and sounds of nature set to relaxing music

their is also dan Gibson. his album, " blue sky classics", is much the same- however their are also songs without the background noise too

hope these suggestions help

Emma1027
03-11-15, 12:44
Thanks everyone, that's a huge help and has given me lots to look into.

ray.olsen
13-11-15, 01:44
Hello emma

There are plenty of things out there that you can do to help you sleep. As the others mentioned you can try herbal teas and listening to music. Me personally I like to read books or watch a movie. Aside from herbal teas you can also try warm milk with honey.

There are also some exercises, like breathing techniques and meditation. You can also try nutritional supplements, melatonin and Endoca hemp products proves to be very effective in promoting sleep.

For relaxation, aromatherapy with massage therapy is my personal favorite. Reduces body pain, calms the mind, and can immediately induce sleep.

Mark501
13-11-15, 05:31
Has anyone seen saving private Ryan?

Wade, the medic said 'the harder I tried to stay awake, the faster I'd fall asleep'.

Changed my life. Seriously.

Emma1027
06-01-16, 21:03
I love herbal teas- so soothing and with many health benefits. Sometimes I use lavender scent on my wrists which I find calming and I enjoy a nice soak in the bath or a refreshing shower with fruity shower gels. I am finding it easier to sleep when I actually can not keep my eyes open any longer. I think that sayings true mark- I can relate to this even thou I haven't seen the film.

chrisphillips
07-01-16, 11:16
I've got some wierd advice but never tell yourself to go to sleep.. I know it sounds silly

emily67
07-01-16, 13:45
Has anyone seen saving private Ryan?

Wade, the medic said 'the harder I tried to stay awake, the faster I'd fall asleep'.

Changed my life. Seriously.

yes, i did see that movie.

along with pearl harbor, it got me in to war movies