PDA

View Full Version : Molar pregnancy

Katiej36
03-11-15, 03:57
I wonder if I come across any people that have actually heard of or suffered a molar pregnancy themselves! It's a sort of tumour that grows rapidly either alongside or instead of a foetus, which can turn cancerous. It's what I've been dealing with since July..it made me so ill- I was bed bound for weeks, it triggered such bad anxiety, and caused me to lose my place in college.

I had to have an emergency d&c to remove it, I send off blood and urine samples every two weeks for the next year for my hcg levels to be checked. They need to be at 0, if they rise it means the mole is growing back much like a cancer, which can spread to the lungs, and brain. So chemotherapy is what's used to kill it off..

My worst fear came true, my hcg levels have risen and I may be needing chemo 😔 there is a high cute rate of this, but it's not 100% and I am frightened to death, it's such a lonely position to be in.. I went from thinking I was pregnant to finding out I had a tumour. I am only 18, so it's harder to speak out about.. Even though I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years there's still a stigma attached because I'm young.. I still feel I've lost a baby..It's all so much to take in.. I can't get my head around it. My health fears are coming true, and along with molar pregnancies tend to come a lot of other health problems, as well as this my boyfriend is suffering from depression so I try to hide my worries from him. I finally got myself to see a counsellor to let it all out to someone.. but he was so horrible and made me feel so self centred. I don't really expect any replies but I just needed somewhere to vent 🙇🏻

Hopefulmi
03-11-15, 13:53
Hi.

I wanted to reply. I haven't been through this but I have lost 2 babies, one at 2 days old to a genetic disease and then my 3rd pregnancy to the same disease (my husband and I are carriers of a mutation each and both have to pass it on). We have a healthy son and a healthy carrier son on the way.

I can't begin to understand the fear of cancer but I know what pregnancy fear and loss is like and the loneliness that comes along side. Please get in touch if you need to talk or vent. You allow yourself to feel what you need to feel, you aren't selfish for doing so.

Lots of love xx

Pepperpot
03-11-15, 19:03
Hi,
I am so sorry you're having to go through this - it must be heartbreaking, especially at such a young age too. What a nasty man to make you feel selfish - you have every right to feel all sorts of emotions and I strongly suggest you seek another therapist and put a complaint in. I can't really give you any advice regarding a molar pregnancy, but if you ever need to vent then just say the word x

Iblametheparents
03-11-15, 22:27
I wonder if pregnancy or fertility forums would be a better place to find others who've suffered this? You've had a very upsetting and frightening experience which shouldn't be minimised. There must be people out there who can relate to this. I think it's important for you not to be alone deal with a genuine but quite uncommon medical condition.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

The NHS website has links to support groups etc on the molar pregnancy page. Don't suffer in silence, use all the resources on offer.