PDA

View Full Version : A whole year of this poo. Anyone else?

56degree
03-11-15, 08:41
So today marks the dubious celebration of 1 year of physical anxiety symptoms. Has anyone else had them for so long? I have gone through the lists of symptoms available on the forum and I have had almost all of them. Was fit and healthy for all of my preceding 36.5 years on the planet.

I don't feel I have been anxious or panicked for at least two months. But I still get aches and pains, particularly headaches, back pain, circulation issues and eye floaters.

Has anyone else been going through these physical symptoms for so long?

helenclaire
03-11-15, 08:57
Yep 15 years for me.
I have felt better at times but am going through a bad patch at the moment.
The physical symptoms are definitely the worse thing about anxiety for me as I spend all my time worrying about them.
Apparently we are supposed to accept them and ignore them and they will eventually go.
I would love to know how to do this is as it has taken over my life.
Hope you feel better soon.

dizzy daisy
03-11-15, 08:58
Yes, unfortunately I've had them for years and years. You get periods of times where it won't bother you but it will occur on and off. Truck is to try and relax and ignore it or accept it but that's not always easy xx

56degree
03-11-15, 09:39
15 years! Don't I feel like an amateur!!!

I think if I had them for that long it would make it easier to accept that I am not suffering from some horrid terminal illness because it should have done me in about twelve years ago!!

Anyway thanks for sharing and I commend you on your perseverance. Anyone who puts up with this for years on end is a tough person in my book.