PDA

View Full Version : speech problems

insideout20
03-11-15, 09:37
so i have anxiety but like a lot of people i now worry i have something more serious wrong

the past few months i have small body jerks, tightness in left side of head and problems with speech sometimes and mind going blank

the speech could be like

im going to watch geordie four tonight - instead of geordie shore

it only happens sometimes but sometimes i feel tounge tied like its an effort to speak, when i look online it all points to a brain issue which scares me

anyone else had these issues ?

i went to opticians who looked in my head and said they couldnt see any issues, that does give me some relief

AdamHH
04-11-15, 23:26
Do you have social anxiety? If so, this could be the case, I often stutter or forget words when I focus on my speech too much, but when I don't I can talk for hours without problems. If not, well then maybe focusing is still the cause of it, only it comes down to health anxiety. But then I'd say - trust your doctors. You've been checked out, you're healthy and fine. It's easier said than done, I know, but it's probably the best advice anyone (me included) should take when it comes to health worries.

icingsugar
05-11-15, 00:27
Hi, I definately have this problem too sometimes (since my first panic attack) and it causes more anxiety in me when I think something is wrong because of it.
I sometimes find myself stuttering over my words or slurring my words.