PDA

View Full Version : Finding it hard to cope

Jamie123
03-11-15, 14:28
I am finding it difficult to cope as this fear is taking over my life. I have "perceived" weakness, atrophy (i think) and muscle twitching in my foot 24/7 (when i walk around it goes away and is back when i sit down) and don't see what else it could be. I am scared out of my mind (could these symptoms be caused by me having an ankle sprain a few months ago which could have damaged nerves). I have also started to get twitches in my calf and some random ones which has scared me as it points to ALS. Someone anyone please help

Fishmanpa
03-11-15, 14:42
I feel bad for you Jamie :( You've been in quite a spiral since you started posting here. There are countless reassuring posts but we all know reassurance doesn't work. More than that is needed.

You said you were seeing a psychiatrist. How's that going? What does she say about your fears and worries? Have you taken the advice and started meds?

Positive thoughts

Jamie123
03-11-15, 14:47
She was in my home country so I have not been able to see her but will be going back soon and will look to go and see her and this time get meds as I cannot continue like this. Thanks for caring your advice has been great but unfortunately for me it has been difficult to follow.

JeffY
03-11-15, 16:34
Do you workout any? I also have "perceived" weakness, but I still lift the same in the gym so it helps ease my mind. I do get the tingling in my face, arms and legs from time to time. HA is a vicious cycle, but keep your head up and stay positive!

2Anxious
03-11-15, 18:03
You've been convinced that you've had about 10 different life threatening conditions though. Can you not just tell yourself it's all in your head, no matter how bad it feels? Just let the fear in and accept it.