PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Doctors and suffering with possible UTI. Telephone consultaion possible?

anyexit
03-11-15, 15:19
Hello

I am a male and I am suffering from what I think maybe a urine infection :weep: I have a fear of doctors and I have not seen a doctor in nearly 8 years. I have read that a Urine infection will only clear with antibiotics and for that I will need to see a doctor. I would like to know please would I be able to get this treated with a telephone consultation instead of going to see him face to face as something needs doing about this :weep: :weep:

Thanks all for your advise in advance.
Anyexit

nomorepanic
03-11-15, 15:31
Well you would have to take a urine sample in for it to be properly diagnosed I would think.

Why not call and ask the receptionist what the options are?

dizzy daisy
03-11-15, 16:58
You would normally need a rune test to be done which only takes a minute. The practice nurse can usually do this. Maybe just phone the surgery and ask if that would be possible. Cx

Pepperpot
03-11-15, 19:18
Yeah just pop into docs, ask for a bottle, go and have a wee, drop said bottle off (first wee in morning is best) and ask them to dip it - most docs have a little form you fill in which asks you to tick why you're asking for a urine test (tick boxes like "possibility of pregnancy" "found blood in urine" "hurts when passing urine"). Then they will ring you or ask you to ring them for the results and if you do have an infection, print you a prescription off and you get your tablets. x

anyexit
04-11-15, 14:23
Thank you all for your information and advice it is very appreciated.

Here is a little update.

I telephoned our doctors surgery this afternoon and explained that I have a fear of doctors and I have not seen a doctor in over 8 years. They explained to me that I could either make a telephone consultation in the morning to speak to a doctor or to drop off a water sample to get checked out the telephone back the next day for the results. I did not have a form. I had a walk down the doctors with my brother and picked up a sample bottle. (My brother went in for it) The anxiety continues as I dont know what to expect. Just incase it is something serious and I need blood tests or hospital appointments. Problems with my water works is not something I have experienced alot of before. I have read that is is very rare in men under 50 and that it can be down to more serious conditions.

Liviguy
04-11-15, 14:37
And as a true HA sufferer you are already jumping the gun and thinking the worst case scenario. God I know that feeling well.

What are your symptoms and for how long have you had these?

anyexit
04-11-15, 15:31
And as a true HA sufferer you are already jumping the gun and thinking the worst case scenario. God I know that feeling well.

What are your symptoms and for how long have you had these?

I have had this problem for over a week now. It is basically burning passing water and a burning feeling on the head my (you know what) which is also red and sore (I think they call it the meatus). Also it is NOT a STI or STD that is a fact.

Liviguy
04-11-15, 15:58
Could it be thrush?

Fishmanpa
04-11-15, 16:06
Some great common sense suggestions to deal with your fear. No sense in speculating what it is. Call the doc and see about the urine test.

Positive thoughts

anyexit
04-11-15, 16:21
Could it be thrush?

It could be thrush. This all started after I had a lie down and woke up with pain and burning. I will send the water sample off and see what happens :unsure:

Liviguy
04-11-15, 16:45
That's all you can do mate. Get it checked out and sorted if need be so you can stop stressing.

anyexit
04-11-15, 21:43
My main concern now is what hapens if they do find something. I am worried about having to go see the doctor incase they find high sugar levels or any other problem with my urine.

At the moment my urine looks clear but not sure what if anything maybe in there... Wil have to wait till friday to find out if one went in tommorrow. The waiting is the worst bit.

anyexit
06-11-15, 15:23
Ok.....

Update:-

I sent a water sample in and I am pleased to say it is completely clean. :yesyes:

So that rules out a Urine Infection :yesyes:

It must be a yeast infection which I can treat with some canesten cream.

I am pleased I have got checked out.

Thank you all for your support and help. :hugs:

Elen
06-11-15, 16:55
Great news, well done getting it checked out