PDA

View Full Version : Has any one on here been referred to Let's Talk via the Nhs?

shifty75
03-11-15, 15:32
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone on here has been referred to Let's talk via the NHS & if the service helped at all? I was given the website by my GP & told you refer yourself online, which I did some weeks ago. I have my first telephone appointment on Monday where it is decided what help or services I need. I am just curious if anyone has used this service & what their thoughts are please :)

Randara
03-11-15, 16:39
Hi there. I referred myself through the Bristol version (Bristol wellbeing therapies/LIFT psychology) and am now seeing a CBT counsellor for my anxiety.

All is going well so far, I've only had two sessions so can't give a conclusive answer.

shifty75
03-11-15, 17:03
Hi, thanks for your reply. Are you having weekly sessions? Just wondering how it works!

Knotman
03-11-15, 17:38
I do hope you get more help than im getting. This is the worst i have felt with this Anxiety cant take much more. I received a letter from Psychology Services "telling me that because of the constraints of the NHS it is not possible to offer long term support" I just wish it would all end.

Randara
03-11-15, 17:47
Initially I went to a stress and mood management course, then called up for the phone assessment. Now I'm having 1:1 CBT counselling for 6 weeks. I think they review it at the end, however I've move areas so I expect I will need to contact my local provider when my 6 sessions finish.

I don't know about your area but there are massive waiting lists in Bristol, I didn't want to wait for the mental health service closest to my house so now have a 40/45 minute drive to see my counsellor. It is worth it though.

In regards to Knotman's comment, I'm yet to find out whether long term support is available.

Hope your assessment goes ok :)

emily67
03-11-15, 19:00
I've not used this service, but sounds like something i may benefit from.

so i'm following this thread with interest

shifty75
03-11-15, 22:21
Thanks everyone for your replies. Luckily I don't live in Bristol (I mean luckily within the context of waiting lists!) but I used to! I am now in Leicestershire & hoping that I get the help I need as I am at rock bottom. I have only been waiting around a month since my self-referral so I suppose that's not bad at all. I will keep you all updated with my progress. I am really hoping this will help me as I have never had counselling before when I could have done with it many times for the HA!

Randara
04-11-15, 20:57
I hope it goes well for you! it sounds like you're in the right frame of mind to try and change how you're feeling, it does take effort with CBT but it is worth it! My counsellor is really nice too, so I hope whoever you get is as well!

TheMadOladCoger
04-11-15, 22:31
Where I live we have Wolverhampton Healthy Minds, it's actually really good. I rang them 2 weeks ago had my first phone meeting today and I will have them monthly for the next 2 months as well as constant CBT help through the post. Until I can see a therapist not bad and its on the NHS.

Peace