PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal shaped bone behind ear seems like a lump?

HaydenTaylor
03-11-15, 15:59
Okay so when I was younger, say 12 I remmeber going to the doctors for a large lump behind my ear, not like a marble, but it feels like the bone is just raised more than the bone behind my right ear? It does feel fairly firm but you can feel like little dips in whatever it is? She didn't really say it was anything and i just continued to live life... I'm now 18 and have had no change in the size as I am aware? But recently, say the past 6 months I suffered with headaches for about 2 months, daily headaches that were random in location each time and felt quite outside the head and sometimes my eyes and forehead? My doctor diagnosed these as a part of my anxiety... He thinks every symptom i've gone to him about is my bloody anxiety! Anyway the headaches stopped for about a month and now they've come back! Could this be due to a lack of sleep because I've recently started uni and i am surviving on 4-6 hours a night! I have also noticed an increase in tinnitus last night it lasted about an hour! Am i worrying about nothing and are most my symptoms caused by lack of sleep?

Pepperpot
03-11-15, 16:56
I have a lump behind my ear like a raised bone - been there 34yrs and caused no issues. It won't be that that is causing your headaches x

HaydenTaylor
03-11-15, 16:58
Thanks do you know what caused yours? I really don't remember it being there after some sort of illness.

Pepperpot
03-11-15, 17:00
I believe it has been there from birth. It isn't painful x

jayb1
03-11-15, 17:06
Same as pepperpot nothing to worry about . I'm getting an awful lot of headaches recently probably due to the fact am spending so much time on tablet and sleeping very little. Same with you a lot of studying and lack of sleep. Anxiety causes a lot of physical symptoms so even though it may sound like the Dr is fobbing you off he probably isn't.

Iblametheparents
03-11-15, 22:38
You all wouldn't be talking about your mastoid processes would you?

HaydenTaylor
04-11-15, 02:08
I feel like that's the bone I'm talking about, from say the bottom of my ear to about half way! I'm worrying myself so much with google, things like leukemia etc... It doesn't help that i'm a radiotherapy student... :weep:

GingerFish
04-11-15, 08:44
I have this and it feels like a bone and I've had it for years and thought it was a bone and turned out to be a lymph node! I was surprised because it was rock hard like bone and didn't move and usually that screams danger when it comes to lymph nodes but I had tests done on it and it came back fine. Docs think its hard because I kept touching it and sometimes nodes calcify.