PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety while asleep and sleep paralysis

JeffY
03-11-15, 16:46
Anybody get anxiety attacks in there sleep? and sleep paralysis? Had this ever since I was 16 and I'm now 35. When I first experienced sleep paralysis I thought I was possessed, I am now use to the issue. The anxiety in my sleep still shakes me up I don't think I will ever get use to it.

Regards,
Jeff

Emma1027
03-11-15, 21:15
I haven't had that but i have had nights of being wide awake and unable to sleep. I have struggled to get my breath and felt the panic. I have worken up and had panic attacks and they are terrible almost like a bad dream. It takes me hours to feel relaxed and be able to go to sleep at night. I guess I feel more anxious when I go to bed worrying about random stuff. Sometimes I worry about the following day and I find it tough to switch off as my minds too active.

ray.olsen
07-11-15, 01:20
Hello Jeff

Hey man I'm sorry to hear about your situation, 19 years of experiencing sleep paralysis is a long time. I've had that experience just a few times in my life and it scared the heck out me. It's a good thing that you've gotten used to it but I think it would be better if you can get rid of it totally.

Now as for the anxiety attacks, they are actually called nocturnal panic attack which is fairly common with people who is suffering from anxiety. When it occurs again I suggest that you sit down, wake up, and do some breathing exercises. Then when you are calm down try to get some sleep again.

Another way of dealing with this situation is to relax and calm down before actually sleeping. Meditation before sleeping can really help. You can also try drinking warm milk and herbal teas to help you sleep better. Endoca hemp also can help calm the nerves, relax the body, and promote better sleep.

You can also try aromatherapy and listen to music that soothe you.
These are ways to help you sleep better, it may or may not prevent nocturnal anxiety so if it persist, it would be advisable that you consult a doctor and ask for better options.

JeffY
07-11-15, 04:25
Thanks for the tips Ray, I will give them a try.