PDA

View Full Version : Constant twitch in lower lip :-(

Jennyzee
03-11-15, 17:37
Hi, long time hypochondria here. Figures right after I go for my physical and get a clean bill of health a new symptom arises. Ive always been prone to muscle twitches but wasn't too worried just chalked it up to being tired and stressed. A few days ago I noticed my lower right side of lip was pulsating. I thought for a sec I had a pulse there...more like hoped. Days later its still there nonstop all day. I cant feel it only see if I look closely. Of course im checking the mirror constantly. I do happen to bite that exact spot on my lip allllll the time. Just wondering if anyones experienced a twitch that was 24/7?
Thanks, Jen 43 yr old from USA:yesyes:

Lifelonganxiety!
03-11-15, 20:50
Hey Jen,

I recently had a twitch under my eye (where the dark rings are, just above the cheek) that was 24/7. About twice a second, every minute of every day. Lasted about a week, then it stopped just like that.

Not saying it wasn't frustrating or even a bit worrying, but it can happen and it can then just stop! You might have bitten down and pinched a nerve or something.

Jennyzee
04-11-15, 13:36
Thanks for replying! If it wasn't 24/7 I wouldn't be freaking out...im just scared its never gonna stop :weep:

Liviguy
04-11-15, 13:38
Hi. The more you focus on it, the more it will remain (but you know that already). I have a habit of noticing a twitch under my eye. What I done once was concentrated on it and it lasted for 2 days...............then some other 'life threatening' illness came along and I forgot all about it