PDA

View Full Version : ace inhibtor fear again

cattttt
16-02-07, 10:04
Still worried about the ace inhibotor I'm taking for my hypertension. It's hard to tell what's side effects and what's anxiety. On a good day, I hardly notice anything, but if I'm feeling anxious, I feel light headed all day, I get palpitations, tight chest, sometimes my head spins, the dry mouth makes it feel like my tongue is swelling etc etc. Had a full scale panic attack in the main street in town the other day because I went out from home before the hour was up after I'd taken it. Today I'm almost convinced my kidneys are packing up because ther hasn't been much urine produced, but I'm trying to tell myself it was a hot day and I was sweating alot instead. See how it goes tomorrow. Wish I could change to another medication, I've already tried abeta blocker, which was even worse for side effects. The side effects are supposed to go away after a while, it has got less, but is still there and it makes me worry that something worse will happen. All the meds for high blood pressure have similar side effects, it would be so nice to find something where I didn't feel anything, then I wouln't worry so much.
This is all from someone who should know better, I'm a health professional and spend my time looking after other people!!!!!

Joe1981
18-02-07, 05:41
Hmmm it really seems like the side effects you are getting is not from your meds but from your anxiety. I'm not saying your meds will not have side effects but it is very possible these side effect are just from your anxiety alone! Increased urine production = anxiety, light headedness = anxiety, palpitations, tight chest, sometimes your head spins, the dry mouth all seems like symtoms of anxiety. however if you are worried about what the side effects are for the meds you are taking just ask your pharmacist but honestly it seems to be just our evil friend anxiety!