PDA

View Full Version : ringing in the ears

TomsThoughts
04-11-15, 09:51
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and would like to get stuck in right away by saying I've had anxiety for around 4-5 months now and dealing with it well, but anxiety thought it would throw another road block at me! I read something online about tinnitus and with me being a worrier I straight away started listening out for a ringing in my ears and sure enough I hear it when I'm trying to sleep and worry about it through the day.

My question would be I know it's entirely down to my anxiety but has anyone got any advice on ways to avoid thinking about it?

emily67
04-11-15, 11:03
I get it in alternate ears.

so i'll get it randomly in my left ear for a while, and when that's stopped, i'll randomly get it later on in my other ear.

what I do is hold my finger up to my ear and presss inwards, it seems to stop it. but of course that's only my experience- different things work for different people

TomsThoughts
04-11-15, 12:31
Cheers for the reply :) I've found myself repeatedly trying to unblock my ears by pressing slightly with my palm or swallowing (which leads to a sore throat) off to the doctors on Thursday to get it checked out but I know it's my anxiety.

Seems to be my left ear only.

emily67
04-11-15, 16:42
Cheers for the reply :) I've found myself repeatedly trying to unblock my ears by pressing slightly with my palm or swallowing (which leads to a sore throat) off to the doctors on Thursday to get it checked out but I know it's my anxiety.

Seems to be my left ear only.

good luck on Thursday.

I hope it all goes okay x

kdf123
04-11-15, 22:34
I have also suffered with this , I promise it's just your anxiety , when I keep busy I don't notice it , .

TomsThoughts
05-11-15, 07:34
Cheers for the reply. Feeling a lot more confident about it now :) both the worry and the noise are easing away

emily67
05-11-15, 17:08
hey how did the appointment go?
hope it was okay

TomsThoughts
05-11-15, 17:25
Yeah looks fine. She said bluntly "it's just abit red" after shoving the otoscope in my ear (which hurt and made me even more anxious!) but there is nothing noticeably wrong with them which clarifies its just anxiety.

I'm handling it like any other stupid worry. Get on with it and move on.