PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety causing symptoms I'm looking for?

HaydenTaylor
04-11-15, 14:22
OKay so i've been experiencing symptoms such as; Headaches, bloodshot eyes, Red freckles on skin and a lump on my mastoid which seems to just feel like the bone is larger, a long thin thing... Anyway so I basically diagnosed myself with leukemia :doh: but my family ans girlfriend told me that my symptoms were not exactly conclusive to be this or bad enough.. Anyway so i also found out bone pain can be a symptom of Leukemia, since that night, last night, I've been noticing pains in my legs etc, aswell as my chest (had a bit of a breakdown last night possible reason) .

My question is if I'm thinking of these things and worrying about it such as bone pain, will I notice it when it happens more and exaggerate it unintentionally?

jayb1
04-11-15, 14:40
In one word . yes . typical of any form of anxiety the more you concentrate on it the more you notice it and the worse it becomes. There's a term that therapists use to describe it but I can't think of it at the minute. Maybe one of the other guys can tell you.

meche
04-11-15, 14:51
My HA started with a really bad headache. From that migraine & googling symptoms I developed symptoms of a brain tumour, MS & various other crazy diseases I had no idea existed. The more I focused on aches & pains the more confused & panicky I got because I couldn't decide what was wrong with me...... & the more aches & pains I would get.

I've been reading a post today about somebody who has developed a twitch. I haven't had a twitch for years but this afternoon I can feel my eyelid starting to twitch just very lightly. The more I think about it the more I can feel it happenening. See how easy it is. xx

Liviguy
04-11-15, 15:19
It can (in my case) become an obsession. I was fixated on a lump I could feel in my right side. Everytime I sat down, it was there, bent forward, it was there, it was getting bigger and I could feel it more day by day. I had an ultrasound.............absolutely nothing found. Guess what. Never felt it again since...... Heart palpitations. My god they were destroying my life.....Dr told me that my heart was functioning prefectly. Palps stopped almost immediately. The mind is a powerful tool. The more you worry about it. The worse the symptoms will get. Speak to your GP and have them confirm nothing is wrong.

pasta heaven
05-11-15, 23:10
Hi Hayden, If it was leukaemia you'd have more symptoms than what you describe. I have red spots on my skin, started noticing them about a year ago, showed them to my GP and he shrugged them off, so I assumed nothing to worry about.
My husband has had aching legs all his life so that's not uncommon either. Get your lump checked out for peace of mind, it could be mastoiditis. Shop worrying!