PDA

View Full Version : Food phobia anyone??

Roxy
17-10-03, 00:45
I resently came off seroxat.. which left me unable to eat for about 2 weeks (although it never seems to be mentioned anywhere a lot of people I know seem to have the same trouble) and it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth all the time. I also have gluten, lactose, caffine, sugar and artifical flavourings intollerance (I DO actually have all of these! it's not in my mind honest!) but my experiences have left me with a major phobia of food. I'm often scared because I worry that the food is wrongly labelled (which often happens). Resturants are obviously a problem, but they are usually more than willing to accomidate me, however I'm usually too scared to eat in case of cross contamination.. *gah* So I rarely eat when I am out of the house, even in the house I have worries that my dish cloth might have been used to clean things which have touched gluten, which wouldn't cause me problems even if they HAD been! *rolls eyes*

Anyway! I was just wondering if anyone else have experienced similar phobias. (this is actually one of my more 'sane' ones.. I used to have a fear of writing in front of other people!!!???)

Thanks! :)

Roxy

nomorepanic
17-10-03, 18:00
Roxy

I saw a programme on TV recently about Phobias and the guy on there was afraid of writing in front of people, so it is not that un-common!

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from so many intolerances and it must be hard to eat out because of the fear that the food contains any of these. I do not have a similar phobia but I am sure someone will post on here that does.

Nicola

Roxy
17-10-03, 19:32
Oh wow! *feels slightly more 'normal'!* Which programme was it!? I would be interesting in looking it up!

Roxy x

nomorepanic
17-10-03, 20:02
Roxy

It was on either channel 4 or channel 5 and was all about phobias. Let me see if I can find some info on it for you!

Nicola

nomorepanic
17-10-03, 20:11
Roxy

Can't find it on the site - I found this link though - http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail.asp?PhobiaID=1572&SDID=4142

Nicola