PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine plus citalopram anyone ???

soggypops
16-02-07, 12:54
Just a quick one has anyone been perscribed mirtazapine plus citalopram.
Dr wants me to start taking 20mg of citalopram in the morning.
I already take mirtazapine ( zispin) 15mg at night.
Do you think the toxicity would be too high?
I am really worried. Dr said it was still in the experimental stage??? what ever that means?

elly
x

x soggypops x

yorkylover
16-02-07, 13:03
Hi Elly,great name my family call me Elly.If you are not happy tell your gp,explain its making you more anxious.I had to do this when mine wanted to put me on sleeping pills.:)

Ellen XX

soggypops
16-02-07, 13:06
Hi ellen
I did discuss this but Dr just says if i wantto get beeter then i shouldtake them . I am suffering from bad palpatations at the moment and the thought of taking the citalapram with all the side effects are making me nervous.
elly
x

x soggypops x

happyone
16-02-07, 15:00
I wasn't sure where to reply as I see you have another post re the mirtrazepine, so I have put it here!

I can't answer for Mirtrazepine as I refused to take it for the weight gain issue alone.
I have lost 1 1/2 stones on Citalopram as it helped me to not comfort eat as much.
I am currently on 60mg of Citalopram and yes I have had some side effects, at the beginning I was more anxious (about two weeks) I had minor twitching of my arms (although this could have been the anx), when I took it at night I didn't sleep well but if I take it in the morning it helps me fall asleep at night (not everyone finds the same with this though) i can't drink alcohol other than an odd glass of wine or I get particularly drunk and I feel really bad for a few days. I was warned of nausea on the dose I am on but so far so good.
Hope this helps in some way.
Happyone
x

"Just for today I will not worry. Just for today I will not anger" Dr Usui, founder of Reiki

yorkylover
16-02-07, 16:05
Hello again,Im like happyone on citalopram,I cant drink as they make me feel pretty awful.Tha palpatations are probably because you are so anxious about taking the meds.

Ellen XX

soggypops
16-02-07, 17:08
Thanks Happyone and Ellen

It has helped me today anyway. But i am still not sure about taking both medications together. I am such a hypocondriac !!
I feel like running away but i dont know where to? I used to cut myself years ago and that feeling has been so strong lately to do it again , just to get some relif from it all.
The Drs dont really understand and you only tell them what they want to hear half the time.
I hope tomorrows a better day??????

Thanks Again
Elly
x

x soggypops x

Jo3107
04-03-09, 12:53
I have been on citalopram for 3 years now 4omg. and have been on mirtazapine 45mg for 6 months. Other than the weight gain all is fine. I had a lot of suicidal thoughts and hurt myself but adding the mirtazapine seems to have calmed these thoughts a great deal.

jschnepp
17-04-13, 01:19
I am on 40mg citalopram and 60mg or mirtazapine. What a combo! I feel great and sleep great. Feel motivated and ready for anything. In situations I used to hate, I find no such feelings. So far, its been great. Hope it continues. I heard they call this combo California rocketfuel. I can see why! Almost feels like I'm on narcotics with no negative side effects. Anyone else on this combo of anti-depressants? I'd like to hear your stories:)