PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

RollingWreck
04-11-15, 19:53
Hey all! Just signed up to this forum, looking for advice and to share war-stories.
First of all, apologies for the length of this, I have a lot to get out and I'm guessing I need to vent more than anything.

But long story short, I am a complete emotional wreck right now.

I have always been an anxious person, I don't think there was a time of my life I wasn't afraid of some godawful thing happening - it would seem my brain would 'latch' onto something for me to constantly worry about. That, coupled with some severe social anxiety, and it would make for a lonely terrified life for me.

Currently my situation is this. I'm attending university in a new city. I'm loving it, but, as usual I'm shy as always (I've noticed I tend to be worse in work/school situations). But perhaps more seriously my anxiety and OCD are through the roof. Atm, I am convinced I have HIV, despite not having sex with anyone for coming up to a year now (ironically enough, because I am so afraid I have HIV). I have had god knows how many blood tests this year, all negative, but I'm still convinced I've got it. There's other worries I have to do with my health as well, but that seems to be the main one.

I'm at a real loss, I know I should get help, but I find trying to do so...overwhelming? I'm been planning to see my doctor for weeks now, but I have no idea what to say, and I worry that I have too many problems or that I don't get my point across.

Also, I have no idea what kind of therapy would help.

Anyways, sorry for the self-pitying ramble, and thanks for reading :)

venusbluejeans
04-11-15, 19:59
Hiya RollingWreck and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: