PDA

View Full Version : terrible HIV fear again

twtm2002
04-11-15, 21:21
Hi
i have been off the board for a while as I have been incredibly good at managing my anxiety. However, yesterday I had a massage which ended up being more erotic than I had anticipated. To cut a long story short the woman ended up touching my penis for about 10 seconds before I stopped her from getting out of hand. She is an independent masseuse who is fully trained but clearly occasionally offers more. Anyhow, I freaked and stopped it all and we just ended the massage.
Since then my anxiety around HIV has gone bonkers. I know what I feel is guilt and shame from the small incident but for whatever reason I now think I have symptoms of the so called sero conversion disease as well as am running through scenarios of what if this happened or that happened. The truth is I was ill before the massage as had been away and got sick; she did touch my penis but her hand was perfectly normal and not dripping in blood and we stopped almost immediately it began.
Is anyone on here a good expert in HIV or understands transmission routes so can provide some reassurance.
I know the feeling is not a fact and this will pass but I slept terribly last night.

Fishmanpa
04-11-15, 21:37
To cut a long story short the woman ended up touching my penis for about 10 seconds before I stopped her from getting out of hand.

Actually, you literally got it out of hand! :whistles:

Transmission of the HIV virus just doesn't occur that way.

Positive thoughts

jackdobs
04-11-15, 21:46
Sounds to me like the issue is more with the woman, how unprofessional and downright inappropriate! Although some might say "lucky you"...:yesyes: haha.

In all seriousness, I don't think there's ANY cases of someone contracting HIV through being touched. HIV is transmitted through blood and bodily fluids i.e. semen, secretions.

twtm2002
04-11-15, 21:55
thank you both for making me actually chuckle. I need to listen to the rational voices around me. You both; an online doctor and myself. It is just a terribly feeling of guilt and shame and of course, anxiety. It is always triggered by stress/upset and/or illness. In this case I had all 3 as I have had work stress and was unwell last week.
I will try and ride this out without getting tested as that does not help anyone and most doctors actually suggest me testing is a waste of time. Anyhow, thank you and thanks for the reassurance.

MyNameIsTerry
04-11-15, 22:40
The doctors know a lot about these types of issues as they are so common in their surgeries and they are well educated since all the HIV/AIDS campaigns of the previous decades.

Please don't feel guilt or shame, it's only like some woman randomly grabbing you in the street or a club. You did the mature thing.

I've got to say, I've never heard of prostitute "upselling"! :D