PDA

View Full Version : One Foot Colder Than Other?

worriednow22
05-11-15, 17:34
Last night I noticed my right foot was cold while my left foot was warm. It was a night and day difference. Today my feet almost feel the same warmth but the right foot still has colder toes than the left foot.

I read online this can signal a blood clot or other problems. I was curious though, could this be effected by the way we sit? I believe I had my left foot tucked under my butt when sitting in the chair. But I think I did the same with my right foot too. Just switching back and fourth.

I am worried now because I read a "cold foot" can also be a sign of an aortic anyurism also. Can it be normal for one foot to be colder than the other? Maybe a diet change and exercise will improve my blood circulation?

worriednow22
05-11-15, 22:23
I really think I might have a blood clot. There are not many other things that can cause one foot being colder than the other.

Lifelonganxiety!
05-11-15, 23:52
Are they hot and cold to touch (using your hands) or does the foot just "feel" cold?

If it's the first, it could be a circulatory issue that you would want to get checked out. If it's just a sensation of heat it could be from nerves being inflamed or just you being anxious and telling yourself it's cold.

MRS STRESS ED
06-11-15, 00:05
I really think I might have a blood clot. There are not many other things that can cause one foot being colder than the other.

doesn't sound like a blood clot to me normaly it would be warm swelled red and painful if you are concerned see a gp :bighug1:

worriednow22
06-11-15, 04:02
The actual foot feels cold with my hand. So...it is actually colder. But, could that be from certain ways I prop my foot. If I prop my left foot up on the table, wouldn't it be colder for a while compared to my right foot?

---------- Post added at 04:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

I just got home from work and both feet feel the same warmth. If I had a blood clot wouldn't my right foot always feel colder than my left right?

Cusper
06-11-15, 04:47
I have had that several times. Actually I used to have that a lot more in my twenties. It used to freak me out. I am now forty and rarely get it. I used to think it was M.S. If it happens all of the time I would get it checked out but really I think it's nothing to worry about.

worriednow22
06-11-15, 05:01
Thanks Cusper. So one foot would actually feel colder than the other? As in...you touch it with the same hand and one feels colder than the other? Or are you talking about the foot feeling colder without touching it?

Randara
06-11-15, 10:28
I get this with my hands, usually when I'm at work because I'll be using the computer mouse with my right hand so that'll get cold and my left will be warm because I'll have it closer to me.

worriednow22
06-11-15, 16:40
Thanks guys. My feet both feel the same today too. I wonder if your one foot can sometimes be colder than the other?

Fishmanpa
06-11-15, 16:49
In this thread alone, you've asked the same question 4 times. You've had several responses reassuring you. Would one more affirming reply help? If so... here you go...

YES, one foot, hand, ear, arm or any other body part can feel colder than the other and it's totally normal.

Positive thoughts and warm socks ;)

worriednow22
06-11-15, 18:10
Thanks fishmanpa. It's just that google makes it seem really bad. Honestly, if my foot was always colder than the other I would be really worried. I am just monitioring things right now since they are the same warmth now. But.....basically google says no matter what its some sort of blood clot. But the good thing is my feet are normal now. So I am thinking it must not be a clot otherwise the foot would stay colder than the other.

Randara
06-11-15, 18:45
This is why you shouldn't Google! And you don't need to monitor because as everyone has said, it's just something that happens.