PDA

View Full Version : Painful lump in armpit

jessieblue
05-11-15, 17:38
Hi ll. I am having a complete stress out currently. For the second time in about 4 months I have a painful lump in my right armpit. First felt sore and painful as I moved my arm on monday and when I felt there was a clear pea sized lump. Painful to the touch and when my arm closes against it and red to the eye over the area. You can see a red swelling but the lump seems to be beneath the skin so I dont think it is a follicle or anything. Exactly same thing 4 months ago. Soreness, felt and a lump same size same feel a bit grape like. Last one was in same armpit but different area. It went down after about a week of panicking. This time I am in complete panic. I have dr appt but not until next wednesday! The lump seems bigger than on day 1, it was pea sized now bean sized. I am extremely scared obviously about breast cancer or leukaemia or something. Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing. For the last few years its been one scary symptom after another! Thanks.

Rosie2
05-11-15, 21:06
Hi, I had EXACTLY the same thing and went for an ultrasound and it ended up being nothing. Armpit area has glands and stuff which sometimes show scary symptoms for problems which are minor. Try not to freak out.

sherry68
06-11-15, 01:30
I had similar thing before. Went for an ultrasound. Nothing sinister. It was just an infected follicle. Doc advised to try to reduce applying antiperspirant there. All my poking and prodding certainly caused the lump to get bigger. It went away after about a week. I am sure it is nothing serious but you still might want to pop in to see your doctor for him/her to take a look. Take care.