PDA

View Full Version : Legs are aching for no reason for days freaking out

shanlynn1012
05-11-15, 21:38
My legs have been aching all over for days. Every muscle feels tight, it is freaking me out and I am obsessing over it. I run regularly and this isnt a workout type pf ache.
Freaking please help!!!

Lemondrizzle
06-11-15, 00:28
I had this and was told it was lactic acid build can be caused by strenuous exercise or stress. Don't worry

Sparkling_Fairy
06-11-15, 01:07
I'm not a runner but sometimes I have such painful legs, mostly at night. I jot them down to anxiety. 'Cause usually on calm days I don't feel them.
Could just be muscle fatigue. Happens a lot if you have anxiety, and can be intensified by your running

shanlynn1012
06-11-15, 01:42
Will it go away on its own? Freaking out! Thanks for your replies.

Sparkling_Fairy
07-11-15, 19:59
I think it will. Mine lasted for about 5 days. I will admit I took some painkillers on the 5th day 'cause the pain was too much for me to sleep, and that cleared it up. After a good night's sleep it was completely gone then.
I mean don't leave it going for too long. Do visit your GP if it's still there after 2 weeks or so.
But hopefully you should be fine in a few days. Try to not run maybe for a while. Could simply be muscle fatigue.
Muscle soak might help, though I found that heat aggravated my legs. Applying some cold packs might help

daisyflower
08-11-15, 14:29
I suffer with leg aches and always have done. Sometimes in both legs and sometimes only 1. Often comes in a phase and I will get it very day for a week or so, goes overnight only to come back as the day goes on.
I once had a leg ache for 3 weeks in one leg that never went away, day or night. I got so worked up over it that I went to the walk in twice and they weren't worried after checking me for signs of a blood clot. A full body, 1 hour massage got rid of that. I do find that as long as you are thinking about it, it doesn't go away. I can give myself a leg ache if I focus on it x

Sparkling_Fairy
08-11-15, 15:24
I suffer with leg aches and always have done. Sometimes in both legs and sometimes only 1. Often comes in a phase and I will get it very day for a week or so, goes overnight only to come back as the day goes on.
I once had a leg ache for 3 weeks in one leg that never went away, day or night. I got so worked up over it that I went to the walk in twice and they weren't worried after checking me for signs of a blood clot. A full body, 1 hour massage got rid of that. I do find that as long as you are thinking about it, it doesn't go away. I can give myself a leg ache if I focus on it x

That's very true! I had sore legs a few nights ago after thinking about them.
If only we could switch off our brains

Movielife
08-11-15, 20:25
Had this recently. I've had a VERY rough period of huge anxiety. Basically burnt myself out with stress and worry and all of a sudden I had lots of physical symptoms which are still lingering.

I came off propranolol and we are trying something else now.

I have had periods of 2-3 days of leg aches, even when not walking much. It, I believe, is stress and anxiety related. In fact, it happened this week at work and it's a brand new full time job which has been hard to start due to the first job after all this really got bad, (I quit my last job and worked part time to recover about 2 months back).

I'm ok at work. Sometimes I'm really good. Aches have now stopped.