PDA

View Full Version : I conquered my needle phobia!

Trylia
06-11-15, 02:48
Very proud of myself right now. :D

I had a lot of medical problems as a child and my mum and I have been fighting over my medical care for as long as I can remember. I've always been terrified that she would force me to have a blood test, so I used to throw these awful fits to keep her from making me.

Recently turned eighteen and told mum I wasn't letting her come to my GP appointment this time, because I was always more scared when she was around. GP asked if I wanted to have my immunity tested, I was terrified inside but said sure! She wrote me a script and sent me down to the lab and it was over in two minutes, and it didn't even hurt, even without the numbing stuff. I almost want to do it all over again now, because I used to panic every time I even thought about needles but now I just feel proud. :yahoo: I have lorazepam in case of panic attacks in my bag but I didn't even take it!

Found this forum while Googling, you lot all sound pretty great. Nice to have a safe place to discuss this sort of thing! I thought I was alone.

MyNameIsTerry
06-11-15, 06:26
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Thats great to hear that you conquered your fear over these tests. They will never bother you again now you had such a positive experience :yesyes:

emily67
06-11-15, 15:13
that's really good!

congrats!

jayb1
06-11-15, 15:21
Well done you:welcome:

Pepperpot
06-11-15, 16:57
Yayyyyyy - welcome. You'll be booking yourself in for allsorts of blood tests now huh ;) xx

Trylia
06-11-15, 18:17
Yayyyyyy - welcome. You'll be booking yourself in for allsorts of blood tests now huh ;) xx

Thanks for the welcome! The very thought is funny to me now, but I absolutely would do it again now. It's as if it doesn't bother me at all anymore! So weird. :D