PDA

View Full Version : The anxiety is real.

shan
06-11-15, 18:13
Okay, so for a couple of days I've been feeling very fluey! You know the typical tender muscles, sore skin, general feeling of being unwell. Even yesterday at work my eye was hurting then I felt sick and threw up and had to go home. Today I've woken up with body zaps throughout my whole body.

The anxiety then arrives and convinces me it is meningitis... but I've had body zaps before with anxiety?! Like there is electric running through my whole body.

Do you think this is normal or meningitis, sigh, I've had two phone calls with the doctors and they've told me just to rest.

Please help :(

dizzy daisy
07-11-15, 11:36
Hi
I've had a horrible virus too for 2 weeks now. Not hot at all but muscle fatigue, dry sore throat. My anxiety is also through the roof worrying about what this could be. If your dr said rest then that's what you should do. Mine said rest- I'm not because my anxiety is terrible. They suggested bloods to rule out thyroid etc but if course because I'm a worrier that's just fuelled the fire and now I'm scared to have them in case I'm really ill. It's a nightmare xx