PDA

View Full Version : Too much chewing gum?

BlueEyesShining
06-11-15, 21:09
I`ve been so busy all day long, studying and hard intelectual work, and I find that chewing gum helps me concentrate better. I`ve chewed on the whole pack today, maybe 10 gums or so. I know it may be a bit stupid, but can it have some bad effects on my health?

Fishmanpa
06-11-15, 21:16
If you're chewing that much, use a sugar free as it's better for your teeth. Otherwise, it's harmless.

Positive thoughts

BlueEyesShining
06-11-15, 21:22
It`s sugar free. But I`m even more afraid of the aspartame that is in it.

Fishmanpa
06-11-15, 21:38
It`s sugar free. But I`m even more afraid of the aspartame that is in it.

:doh: Shoulda known better. Do what you feel is best for you then.

Positive thoughts

MissyMischief
08-11-15, 07:39
I chew A LOT of gum. It's kind of a nervous habit I've gotten into. But hey, it's better than smoking, I suppose. I chew a brand called PUR which is aspartame-free. I made the switch when I read that aspartame could cause anxiety and nausea in some. It's sweetened with xylitol instead. Maybe you can find something similar where you live.

BlueEyesShining
08-11-15, 18:58
I chew A LOT of gum. It's kind of a nervous habit I've gotten into. But hey, it's better than smoking, I suppose. I chew a brand called PUR which is aspartame-free. I made the switch when I read that aspartame could cause anxiety and nausea in some. It's sweetened with xylitol instead. Maybe you can find something similar where you live.

I chew gum AND i smoke, too. I guess I`m a bit too nervous and i want to keep myself occupied.
Today i didn`t buy any gum and i smoked half a pack of cigarettes. (10 I guess)

Fishmanpa
08-11-15, 19:13
I'm thinking gum is a much safer bet.

Positive thoughts