PDA

View Full Version : So happy!!!

Rinzai
06-11-15, 21:59
When I first came to this website, I spoke of troubles with anxiety. The trigger for this high anxiety involved paranoid thoughts involving a girl I really liked and whether she had been seeing one of my friends. This had led to an anxiety attack which I had to see a doctor and then forwarded to CBT.

I have found Cognitive Behavioural Therapy a major help to me this year, which help to equip me with the tools I needed to deal with any episodes of anxiety and depression. There had been days where the anxiety got worse, but I knew I had to go through that just to heal.

Today, I feel no need to pursue CBT any further. I was offered the choice of whether to continue CBT or to undertake a Distress Tolerance course, but I have made the decision to no longer continue it as I felt ready to move on. Many things have come clear to me and also I feel like a much different person than I was at the start of this year.

There has been many things I have not yet mentioned on these forums as the past five years have been really tough on my family and I. Break-ups, divorces, deaths, endless house moves, financial troubles, family feuds, etc, etc, and it all seemed endless. I guess my attachment to the girl was a way for me to seek comfort, as though she were a 'way out' of the troubles I endured. We are still good friends and keep contact and bit by bit, I'm losing my emotional attachment to her. When I had discovered she was seeing another guy, my heart sank. My Mum assured me that there is nothing wrong with having these feelings for another person and should never be ashamed. Heart break is the worst feeling. I rather have a broken leg than a broken heart. A few months have passed since then and although I still get the occasional intrusive thought, I have not allowed it to harm me in any big way. I have come to accept the way the mind works.

I've not continued my writing any more as I don't know how to take that further, but that's okay. I have been working on other projects to keep my mind focused.

Mindfulness is a definite help! A good way to ease into a mindful state during an anxious episode is to do the following:

1/ Focus on five things you can see.
2/ Focus on four things you can hear.
3/ Focus on three things you can touch.
4/ Focus on two thing you can smell.
5/ Focus on one thing you can taste.

Hope someone may find this helpful!

I am feeling much stronger and happier :yahoo:

And I would like to thank NMP for being a contributor to my well-being :yesyes:

venusbluejeans
06-11-15, 22:16
Well done :)

emily67
08-11-15, 20:38
When I first came to this website, I spoke of troubles with anxiety. The trigger for this high anxiety involved paranoid thoughts involving a girl I really liked and whether she had been seeing one of my friends. This had led to an anxiety attack which I had to see a doctor and then forwarded to CBT.

I have found Cognitive Behavioural Therapy a major help to me this year, which help to equip me with the tools I needed to deal with any episodes of anxiety and depression. There had been days where the anxiety got worse, but I knew I had to go through that just to heal.

Today, I feel no need to pursue CBT any further. I was offered the choice of whether to continue CBT or to undertake a Distress Tolerance course, but I have made the decision to no longer continue it as I felt ready to move on. Many things have come clear to me and also I feel like a much different person than I was at the start of this year.

There has been many things I have not yet mentioned on these forums as the past five years have been really tough on my family and I. Break-ups, divorces, deaths, endless house moves, financial troubles, family feuds, etc, etc, and it all seemed endless. I guess my attachment to the girl was a way for me to seek comfort, as though she were a 'way out' of the troubles I endured. We are still good friends and keep contact and bit by bit, I'm losing my emotional attachment to her. When I had discovered she was seeing another guy, my heart sank. My Mum assured me that there is nothing wrong with having these feelings for another person and should never be ashamed. Heart break is the worst feeling. I rather have a broken leg than a broken heart. A few months have passed since then and although I still get the occasional intrusive thought, I have not allowed it to harm me in any big way. I have come to accept the way the mind works.

I've not continued my writing any more as I don't know how to take that further, but that's okay. I have been working on other projects to keep my mind focused.

Mindfulness is a definite help! A good way to ease into a mindful state during an anxious episode is to do the following:

1/ Focus on five things you can see.
2/ Focus on four things you can hear.
3/ Focus on three things you can touch.
4/ Focus on two thing you can smell.
5/ Focus on one thing you can taste.

Hope someone may find this helpful!

I am feeling much stronger and happier :yahoo:

And I would like to thank NMP for being a contributor to my well-being :yesyes:

that certainly helps. thanks.

and i'm so glad you're feeling better!