PDA

View Full Version : Worried that I've ruined friendship on social media

Peterthegreatworrier
06-11-15, 22:39
Hi. I haven't poasted in a while, but this is really driving me insane. I recently joined an art website, and i developed a good correspondance with another member, whose art I really like. Recently, she has made herself 'invisible' (which means you don't know if she's online or not). I'm really worried that this is my fault, that I may have commented too much or sent her too many notes. I know that she is busy at university at the moment, so I think this is probably the reason why she doesn't want to be bothered at the moment. However, I just can't be sure. I sent her a note telling her about my worry, and I see that she has read it, but she hasn't responded (she read it over a day ago). She has said previously that, as English is not her first language, she sometimes takes a while to respond. I'm just getting really worried that I have driven her over the edge, and that that note I sent has only made matters worse.
I have exams in TWO days, and this is just completely preying on my mind. What am I supposed to do? I really need some reassurance right now:weep::weep:

Regards, Peterthegreatworrier

Oosh
07-11-15, 09:27
It's hard to know isn't it. I say just leave it for now. She could be having family difficulties for all you know, anything. Focus on your exams.

It's not a crime to try to have friends but if it goes cold just leave it. Maybe it'll come back around.

MissyMischief
07-11-15, 09:44
There's a very good chance that she's just busy dealing with stuff and is waiting to respond to messages when she is less busy. I know it's hard, but try to focus on yourself and preparing for your exams. Take care!

Peterthegreatworrier
07-11-15, 09:46
Thanks so much for your reply:flowers: sorry it's taken me a while to respond.
Yes, I have decided not to visit the site until after my exams. Based on my previous contact with her, she is a very nice and understanding person, so I am sure she would tell me if I was getting on her nerves!

Regards, Peterthegreatworrier