PDA

View Full Version : Was going so well

josbo13306
07-11-15, 06:49
Hi all haven't posted here in a while (just over a month I think) which I suppose is a good thing. Started university over a month ago which I think has taken my mind off things. Basically over the summer holidays I started worrying about having som awful disease. At first it was nasal cancer and then a brain tumour.

Just before I started uni I went for an eye test because I was getting headaches. I mentioned the headaches to the optometrist so she did a few extra tests and said that my eye health and the pressure behind my eyes was perfect. I was given new glasses which I have to wear for concentration tasks (e.g. TV, reading) and I must say they do help.

With regards to the brain tumour worries I still have floaters, with more some days and less others. Any headaches I've had since I've been at uni have been infrequent and I think due to inhaling certain chemicals and solvents (I study chemistry) and these go with paracetamol. I'm still conscious of any sensations in my head and though they don't worry me as much I still dwell on them.

Recently I saw a cancer research ad on the TV and it sort of stopped me dead in my tracks. It sort of stayed in my head for a while but I didn't pay much attention to it. My main problem now is that I woke at about 5:30 this morning, initially to go to the toilet I think but I just couldn't get back to sleep cus I had this uncomfortable, almost pulse-like feeling or fullness in my head when I tried to lie down.

I immediately began worrying about a brain tumour and how it can make you wake up in the middle of the night and gives you headaches when you try to lie down. The head sensation in my head however did not feel like a headache but I'm just not sure anymore so guess I'm just posting to see if anyone else thinks this something serious.

ray.olsen
07-11-15, 11:35
Hello josbo

From the looks of it you seem to be suffering from health anxiety. If you wish to be certain about your condition I would advise that you go and consult a doctor. Have yourself checked to reduce your worries. All this fears can all be in your head. So do therapy as well. CBT can help you, it helped me before with a lot of my health worries.

josbo13306
07-11-15, 20:45
Thanks for the reply. I've been like this for over 4 months now and have had a range of symptoms come and go. It's almost funny cus I'll go through stages where I'm not worried and will look back on how concerned I was and just shake my head. Problem is it always comes back and always feels real.

As I've mentioned in my previous posts my main area of concern is this weird feeling in usually the back of my head where I can feel my pulse. I don't think it's a headache cus I've had a few over the past few weeks and those were clearly headaches. My mom says that pulse thing happens to her from time to time but it still really concerns me.

Sparkling_Fairy
07-11-15, 23:27
I sometimes feel a pulse in my entire head. It's purely anxiety. Or stress if you will. Especially at uni you can have stress. They're heart palpitations. Except sometimes you don't feel them in your heart, but all over your body. I've had them in my stomach, at the back of my knees and a lot in my head. Goes away when you calm down.

Also if I go through periods of anxiety, I wake up with a headache almost every day. It comes from jaw clenching at night. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
The pulse thing in my head I've had for many years. And nothing ever happened with it.